Who will Win? Huskers vs Michigan - Poll

Who will win  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

what I like about Mich defense could help us out in some occasion.  they like to get people up close by the LOS so if one of the backs can sneak through it could turn into a chunk play.  Big if tho.

THAT is very true. I hope you are right. 

They like to give some fake alignments and peel back. Would be nice to guess right on a few of those. Hoping to see some play action passes off that option look this weekend. Really haven't seen much of that just yet. 

Allen "whiffs" on his seal block on the LB and slides behind the safety seeing run. 

4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

THAT is very true. I hope you are right. 

They like to give some fake alignments and peel back. Would be nice to guess right on a few of those. Hoping to see some play action passes off that option look this weekend. Really haven't seen much of that just yet. 

Allen "whiffs" on his seal block on the LB and slides behind the safety seeing run. 

If they do that a lot, and they did in the Wisconsin game, I would think it would be much tougher for them to defend the option.  The LB is going to be back peddling when he reads the play and is going to then have to change directions quickly to get outside to cover the QB or pitchman. OR....if they don't get back, they will get caught in traffic trying to get outside. 

So, it will be interesting to see if they do this less because of our option game.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

If they do that a lot, and they did in the Wisconsin game, I would think it would be much tougher for them to defend the option.  The LB is going to be back peddling when he reads the play and is going to then have to change directions quickly to get outside to cover the QB or pitchman. OR....if they don't get back, they will get caught in traffic trying to get outside. 

So, it will be interesting to see if they do this less because of our option game.

I agree with you. Hopefully make them less apt to dial up their pressure schemes also.

HCSF is a very good play designer, hopefully he has some things up his sleeve for this one- not gimmick trick plays- jedi scheme warrior stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I agree with you. Hopefully make them less apt to dial up their pressure schemes also.

HCSF is a very good play designer, hopefully he has some things up his sleeve for this one- not gimmick trick plays- jedi scheme warrior stuff. 

A little off topic.  But, doing what they do at the line, didn't the 85 Bears use that for their success?

Put everyone at the line and then confuse the O line because they wouldn't know who is coming.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A little off topic.  But, doing what they do at the line, didn't the 85 Bears use that for their success?

I have NO idea. I don't follow the NFL very much at all- can't remember the last time I watched a game. Read about it some. When you're coaching all week- games  etc- the NFL is just too much. Not my thing, sorry. 

I remember Minnesota trying to do that to an Osborne team back in the early 80s- I think we scored something line 83 points on them.  That would be nice

• Haha 1

I think Michigan by 3. Until we beat a ranked team again, I can't give Nebraska the benefit of the doubt.  Special teams has just been too horrific this season for me to think it is fixed because of one good punt in the Northwestern game.  I hope this Northwestern game isn't like the Maryland game of a couple years back where we dominated, but it didn't translate into the program improving overall.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Put everyone at the line and then confuse the O line because they wouldn't know who is coming.

No.  The bears ran the 46.  They played man on the back end and basically brought everyone.  Was a numbers game for the defense because just about every team ran a pro set.  Once teams figured out to spread them out and throw quick passes the 46 was done.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

No.  The bears ran the 46.  They played man on the back end and basically brought everyone.  Was a numbers game for the defense because just about every team ran a pro set.  Once teams figured out to spread them out and throw quick passes the 46 was done.  

But, wasn’t the front 7 based  on loading up the line and disguising who was coming and who was dropping back?

A zone blitz?

I think our defense plays lights out. Better than they did vs NW. The game will be very close for nearly 4 quarters but eventually we’ll find a way to execute and score. I can see our offense getting a score midway through the fourth and then sealing it with a final td drive with less than 5 min to go taking a 14 pt win. 24-10 Huskers. We’ll be the best 4-3 team in the nation ranked #25 while Harbaugh will be on the #1 coaches hot seat.

:koolaid2:

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 hours ago, Mavric said:

I can see why people think it was a breakout game.  He basically had one breakout run where he had the most space to work with of any RB this year.  

I really liked what I saw from Yant and hope he continues to produce.  But other than one play he didn't do any better than any of our other RBs - in fact he did a little worse.  Credit him for making that play but I don't think one play makes him significantly better than everyone else all of the sudden.

lol okay

16 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I can't agree with this. If your going to compare Yant to the other backs but not include his longest run then you need to not include the longest run by the other backs too.

So, taking away each back's longest run yields:

Yant - 12/63yd = 5.25yd/carry

Johnson - 11/51yd = 4.64yd/carry

Martinez - 7/25yd = 3.57yd/carry

Stepp - 4/20yd = 5.00yd/carry

Morrison - 4/18yd = 4.5yd/carry

Or apply the double standard in the other direction.  Take out the other players' best carries and leave in Yant's best carry, then compare.  

Makes as much sense.