*** 2021 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Michigan at Nebraska ***

9 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Currently at Mich -3.5. I thought it opened at -4.5

939689516_ScreenShot2021-10-06at12_49_02PM.jpg.e37d8e4a2aaef0575580db9daea32961.jpg

There was at least 1 book that opened at -1.  

"Circa Sports in Las Vegas was the first sports book to publish a line for Saturday’s game earlier in the day, opening with Michigan as just a one-point favorite. But that line was quickly bet up to 3 within a couple of hours."

• Plus1 1

Isaiah Hole: Nebraska is much better than its record, having lost all three games by just one score. The offense is high-powered and the defense is stellar. The biggest issue for the Huskers is that they make mistakes and are undisciplined, essentially beating themselves. This is a home game, at night. All these things favor Nebraska. Except, it hasn’t (theoretically) seen a defense like Michigan’s and they have the worst offensive line in the country. For me, the big question is how the Wolverine defense will handle Adrian Martinez, as I think the offense will be able to score, given what it was able to do vs. Wisconsin. I think this will be a tough game, but Michigan pulls away on the road. Michigan 42 - Nebraska 24

I've seen the bolded sentiment quite a bit and I have to say I don't agree with it. The Mich offense didn't do much against Wisconsin - it was the turnovers and field position that led to most of the scoring, not the Mich offense. And the first TD was a flea flicker - good call but not something I'd hang my hat on.

Don't get me wrong - Mich has a really good defense and that will help their offense a lot, but I'm not sure that the Mich offense can score much against the Blackshirts without help from their defense.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've seen the bolded sentiment quite a bit and I have to say I don't agree with it. The Mich offense didn't do much against Wisconsin - it was the turnovers and field position that led to most of the scoring, not the Mich offense. And the first TD was a flea flicker - good call but not something I'd hang my hat on.

Don't get me wrong - Mich has a really good defense and that will help their offense a lot, but I'm not sure that the Mich offense can score much against the Blackshirts without help from their defense.

We absolutely can not have turnovers...especially on our side of the field and we MUST have good punts.

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

So here's a question: Who do we think is a better team right now: Michigan State or Michigan?

I'll answer on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Undone said:

So here's a question: Who do we think is a better team right now: Michigan State or Michigan?

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think they're close. I'd pick Mich on a neutral field but take either home team.

I think Michigan is hands down the better team based on what I’ve seen of both of them. Michigan D is definitely much better and their offense is also better (not great but better). They will have more success moving the ball on us than MSU did and we’ll struggle more to generate offense.  We can win if we don’t turn it over and beat ourselves with ST gaffes and penalties. If the same old problems rear their ugly heads, it could be a long night.

• Plus1 3

Saw this one a bit ago - 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949010-college-football-picks-week-6-predictions-for-every-game

No. 9 Michigan (5-0) at Nebraska (3-3), 7:30 p.m. ET

It might be time to embrace the possibility that Nebraska is the second-best team in the Big Ten West.

That seemed impossible after their Week 0 meltdown in the loss to Illinois, but the Cornhuskers gave both Oklahoma and Michigan State a serious run for their money on the road and won their other three games (Fordham, Buffalo and Northwestern) by a combined score of 136-17.

Of particular note in advance of this showdown with Michigan, Nebraska has allowed just three rushing touchdowns all season and has limited its two most recent Big Ten foes to 56 carries for 108 yards. Meanwhile, Michigan's once-dominant rushing attack has tapered off considerably as of late, held below 3.0 yards per carry by both Rutgers and Wisconsin.

If that mutual recent trend continues, there could be a major upset brewing in Lincoln.

Michigan has held all five of its opponents to 17 points or fewer, but we're also talking about five offenses that rank outside of the top 60 in the country in total yards per game. With Adrian Martinez playing as well as he has been over the past five weeks, this is going to be the stiffest resistance Michigan's defense has faced thus far.

Head coach Scott Frost will finally get a big W with the Huskers.

Prediction: Nebraska 28, Michigan 23

• Oh Yeah! 5
23 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how 112 rushing yards on 45 attempts inspires confidence in your offense.  Without some major special teams gaffes (which we are admittedly capable of) and/or 3-4 turnovers deep in our own territory...I don't see how Michigan puts up 42 against this D.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1