*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, HuskerJax said:

It’s a process. Need to build up depth year after year so it doesn’t matter when you lose people. It doesn’t happen in one season. Maybe the offense will carry the defense next year

I agree, that was the point. I think our defense will be fine next year and offense should be better.  

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That pass doesn’t take time. He had plenty of time that play.  Even Blackledge said he could have stepped into the throw.  Unfortunately AM decided to feel the rush and panic per usual at the end of games.  

I have a bigger problem with the 4th down throw. Instead of targeting a guy running a clear route, he pretty much just threw it up for grabs and hoped for the best.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So what’s the expectation. Lose to all the good teams home or away. Split with the mediocre team to bad teams and beat the FCS teams? Pray for 6 wins. I’m f#&%ing sick of hearing about the labor, it’s time to show me the baby. 

You build depth and talent and continue to get better. A line that doesn't have to put Benhart in when someone gets hurt would be the first thing. Have a full two deep oline that you can count on would be great. You build that with time. IMO. The Oline is what is holding us back. The screw ups of skill players are just the easiest to see.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I have a bigger problem with the 4th down throw. Instead of targeting a guy running a clear route, he pretty much just threw it up for grabs and hoped for the best.

He threw it to his best receiver and gave him a chance to make a play... if he would've thrown it to someone else and it didn't work, everyone would be asking, "Why didn't he give his best receiver a chance to make the play."

19 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm sorry but this is such bs. No one is demanding national titles just dont s#!t the bed late every f#&%ing time you play a team with a pulse. 

I agree, it’s frustrating as hell, but if you’re not old enough (I’ll guess you’re not) there was a time in the 80s when we just could never get over that hump. And people got mad, wanted to fire Osborne, could not beat Oklahoma…..and then the 90s happened. And it was glorious. The point is, as much as you want things to be immediate. They aren’t. Be patient and enjoy the game. Eventually, it will

Pay off. If you can’t handle it, jump

ship and cheat for another team that is winning now. But, they will

have hard times too. It’s the way the cycle works

I think next year will be Frost's final chance to show he can win some of the big ones. Yes the progress is clear, but none of that matters if you can't win against quality opposition.

We have two must-win games in the coming weeks. We can't afford a letdown against either. This team can still win 6 (or even 7) games if it plays the way it's capable of playing.

2 minutes ago, ReddyRed said:

Yes, that's the way it works for Alabama.

If it’s that hard for you to be a fan, there are 106 other teams to cheat for. As a Nebraska fan you have a lot to hang your hat on, appreciate that and hope it will come back. It could be worse, you could be like an Illinois fan, a team that has never done anything. Point is, it’s a game, played by kids. If it ruins your life, it’s time to find a new focus

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd think he'd want the ball in his hands.  Frost and play calling isn't afraid when the games on the line.  Coach kike that.  Play call like that. As if this play is the one to win or lose the game.  Not coaching to not lose.

Not in the first half. We lose this game if we have to play with Smoothers. I don't think he's ready for this kind of game. We should have ran AM 1 or 2 more times first half, but I'd rather pound on them with the RBs in the first and let Adrian loose in the second.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ehhh, fourth down play sucked but at least it was one on one.  They were gonna blitz so that’s the type of play you go with I think.   He just didn’t even give his receiver a chance though for a catch or a PI 

• Plus1 1