Michigan: What did we learn

ndobney

If Nebraska calls a better first half offensively we could have actually won this game.  

Not even sure what to say.  This was the year imo because we actually have a legit defense. 

The one positive takeaway is that we made this an entertaining game in prime time again against another ranked team.  We lost but at least we made it a ball game.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

- Damion Daniels is going to get drafted this year and big hats off to him. He was taking two OLinemen with him every single play it seemed like and either still making a play or allowing someone else to.

- The OLine looked better again and Frost got into his comfort zone calling plays and you can just see how fun things *could* be. But it’s just not often enough.

- We look comfortable playing physical finally. Michigan hits hard, we also hit hard. It was fun to watch.

- Home games haven’t really been our issue. Must not come out flat against Minnesota, who had a week off and will be juiced.

2 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

How do toy figure Iowa is better than Michigan?  We truly do match up well strength for strength against those losers 

Iowa’s defense is a turnover causing machine.  We have a player that has led the nation in TOs for the last 2 years.  Do the math. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

-We can’t trust Martinez when the game is on the line. 

-Frost needs to learn to take the f*****g points. That 3 was a big difference. 
-Our defense did mostly what was asked and they’re our strength.

-Our special teams were “meh”. That’s an improvement.

-These officials were garbage and cost us points with their calls, but they didn’t lose the game for us. 

-Minnesota is in for a major a$$ whoopin’. This team has a lot of frustration to work out. 

Well we lost by only 3 how did they refs cost us points but not lose the game for us?

2 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

How do toy figure Iowa is better than Michigan?  We truly do match up well strength for strength against those losers 

I think Iowa's defense is better than Michigan's and Iowa's special teams are also pretty darn good.  They just play very clean football on all sides.  We have the talent to beat Iowa just as we had the talent to beat Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, etc..., but it all comes down to coaching, execution, and playing under pressure.  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Whining about the refs is lame.  Yes Adrian screwed up but we aren't in the game without him so whining about him being the worst thing ever is lame also.

Pretty much I hate whining. That was a damn good team we played, they made more plays. Tip your cap and move on.

Did you copy and paste this from our previous 3 loses?

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I’m hoping the coaches work to get the ball in other playmakers’ hands at the end of games as the season progresses.

Because even if Martinez comes back…I dunno…do we want him to next year? 

We need to move on from Martinez.  While he is not the sole reason for all the losses in the program, there are many games where he made mistakes that ultimately cost the team the win.  If Frost let's him come back for a 5th season I am afraid we will see more of the same.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

We need to move on from Martinez.  While he is not the sole reason for all the losses in the program, there are many games where he made mistakes that ultimately cost the team the win.  If Frost let's him come back for a 5th season I am afraid we will see more of the same.  

This is what I was thinking as well…