Michigan: What did we learn

ndobney

8 minutes ago, Farms said:

Usually it takes me at least 3-4 days to start drinking kool-aid again, you just took it to a new level. Unfortunately my fear is we are close this year, but we lose a ton on defense and I just don’t see why Adrian would come back. Then next year the excuse will be that “we’re young”. 

We only lose 4 guys on defense next year and return everyone on offense except Toure with an easier schedule. 

What a fun game to be at until the bitter end.. Pretty much everything has been said..

1. AM is really playing well, I don’t think he comes back next season and I’m afraid we’ll miss him more than many realize. That being said, he is the exact opposite of clutch. It’s just mind numbing at this point.

2. Tough break for Frost to have his best team when we have an absolutely brutal schedule.

3. We lose so much on defense next year it really worries me that we’ll have to push reset next year and take a big step back. 
4. Overall we are a really solid team we are just missing those one or two studs that can get us over that hump. If Hutchison from Michigan was wearing a red jersey tonight, no doubt in my mind we win. Problem is I’m not sure who we have that’s on the team that can become that guy. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

We only lose 4 guys on defense next year and return everyone on offense except Toure with an easier schedule. 

Domann, Taylor-Britt, Dismuke, Williams, Stille for sure. That’s a damn good group. Then throw in there Tannor, Thomas, and possibly Daniels. That’s a lot of guys that would be severely missed..

7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Our oline stills has issues.

Sure but that was a damn good D-Line they were playing. On that note I thought Prochazka did really well against Hutchison. I don’t want to jinx him but I think we have a really really good one there.

1.  Our MLB's failed to cover the TE across the middle all night.

2.  Michigan is a good team.  Good lines.  Somewhat more athletic than we are as a team (although we're close) and light years more so than NW.

3.  B1G teams with good special teams play, win close games more often than not.  Michigan did.  Also, Iowa.

4.  Harbaugh is still a D-bag.  He spent the entire night arguing with officials.

5.  Big ten officials are pathetic.

6.  I once again knew we would squander our opportunity to win.  Didn't even enjoy the 4th qtr.  I knew what was to come.  I just didn't know how we would do it this time.

7.  Lincoln Police still make no attempt to assist with post-game traffic flow.  

• Plus1 1

Yeah, the defense is super 6 guys. But who has been waiting will be an experienced group with fresh/soph guys who’ve been here 2-3 yrs. 

The Offense, w Martinez back will be so stacked. 

don’t judge too quick what we could be next year, we will be stacked. 

let’s focus on this year…we can literally beat any team this season left on our schedule. We have absolutely turned the corner. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Farms said:

Domann, Taylor-Britt, Dismuke, Williams, Stille for sure. That’s a damn good group. Then throw in there Tannor, Thomas, and possibly Daniels. That’s a lot of guys that would be severely missed..

CMT should be only Junior leaving maybe Daniels but Tannor and Thomas won’t leave both will be starters next year. We have good back up for guys leaving Domann will be biggest loss.

Play calling in the first half was utra conservative and probably cost us the game. We could have scored more in the first half if we were willing to air it out and let Martinez take some shots.  Based on the playcalling, we accomplished what was called, which was (worst case scenario) lose by a few points. Should have been more aggressive in the first half like we were in the third and may have pulled it out. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

1. Our fanbase whines more about refs than any other fanbase 

2.  Play calling was better in the second half.

3. Martinez would have had a 30 yard gain if he would have went left instead of straight. Dude is a good player but he crumbles under pressure and can't make the plays to win the game.

4. Defense played a great game.

5. Offensive line is looking much better.

6. Frost needs another year.

Tackling was poor allowing far too many yards and first downs after first contact.

The offensive line still has trouble blocking up the middle for short yardage.

• Plus1 1