Michigan: What did we learn

ndobney

4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Unfortunately there are 2 halves.

Still waiting for a complete game.  I'd also love to see who calls what and when during a game.  Because on series I am like WHAT!!!!!!!  Where has this been all year.  And I never see it again.  Like last night rolling AM out.  Once.  One time that I can remember....That DL and blitzing were all over AM. Roll him out.  Have a RB sit back to pick up the blitz and then do a little screen to him after a chip block....We called a few great plays to counter their pursuit, but then it's gone.  Still no idea why we didn't have AM in the designed running game prior to half way through the 3rd....

48 minutes ago, lo country said:

Still waiting for a complete game.  I'd also love to see who calls what and when during a game.  Because on series I am like WHAT!!!!!!!  Where has this been all year.  And I never see it again.  Like last night rolling AM out.  Once.  One time that I can remember....That DL and blitzing were all over AM. Roll him out.  Have a RB sit back to pick up the blitz and then do a little screen to him after a chip block....We called a few great plays to counter their pursuit, but then it's gone.  Still no idea why we didn't have AM in the designed running game prior to half way through the 3rd....

Don't you think that Frost and Lubick were trying to figure out a way to see how fast, big, and aggressive was in that first half?  Frost was sticking to his plan of figuring their D out, and then bringing out plays to go against their aggressiveness in the 2nd half. The TD passes in the 3rd quarter were all off of mis-direction or play action which used Michigan's aggression against them. Those plays were set up with the runs up the middle and the more conservative play calling in the first half. 

• Fire 1
Just now, knapplc said:

This is NOT a penalty on Nebraska. He's just signalling his teammate.

How many times, for YEARS, have Big Ten opponents simulated our clap without getting a penalty.

This is absurd.

The worst part about that call was Frost was mocked by Ferentz and college football media for complaining about their coaches clapping on the sideline in last year's game. Now NU gets it called against them when Luke was just giving signals/communication to his teammates. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Don't you think that Frost and Lubick were trying to figure out a way to see how fast, big, and aggressive was in that first half?  Frost was sticking to his plan of figuring their D out, and then bringing out plays to go against their aggressiveness in the 2nd half. The TD passes in the 3rd quarter were all off of mis-direction or play action which used Michigan's aggression against them. Those plays were set up with the runs up the middle and the more conservative play calling in the first half. 

I hear and saw where you are coming from.  But don't the greats watch film and game plan to exploit from the jump?  Why we have not put their backs against the wall to defend AM as a runner and as a passer.  He has shown this year to be one of the best as a dual threat.    Usually under Frost we come out good in the 1st and get out schemed in the 2nd.  I can't imagine with UM's rushing attack and defense you'd purposely play vanilla to "lull" them into your game plan.

For years under Bo I'd think we were holding back so as to not show "X" anything for the next game, but then realized we were who we were.  There was no deceit or purposeful holding back.  We just couldn't get it done.  

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The worst part about that call was Frost was mocked by Ferentz and college football media for complaining about their coaches clapping on the sideline in last year's game. Now NU gets it called against them when Luke was just giving signals/communication to his teammates. 

I'm pretty sure if posting archives were looked at, there were posters on this board mocking Frost for complaining about it.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is NOT a penalty on Nebraska. He's just signalling his teammate.

How many times, for YEARS, have Big Ten opponents simulated our clap without getting a penalty.

This is absurd.

"That happens to Nebraska all the time"  The announcer referring to teams clapping against us.  That and the "dual possession" non fumble were the two worst calls I can remember.  What a crock