Michigan: What did we learn

ndobney

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Nebraska is now #22 in ESPN's FPI.  

Our remaining schedule is Minnesota (#55), Purdue (#52), Ohio State (#3), Wisconsin (#29), and Iowa (#13).

Pretty crazy to see Iowa at #13.  and us at #22.  It's amazing what an easy schedule will get you and what a difficult schedule will get you.

I mean we are almost the same ranking of team, yet they sit in the Top 5 in the polls and undefeated and we sit at 3-4 wondering if we are going to make a bowl game this year.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, soup said:

Pretty crazy to see Iowa at #13.  and us at #22.  It's amazing what an easy schedule will get you and what a difficult schedule will get you.

I mean we are almost the same ranking of team, yet they sit in the Top 5 in the polls and undefeated and we sit at 3-4 wondering if we are going to make a bowl game this year.

Thanks a lot Big Ten (although I still don't think Michigan State is all that great). 

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, soup said:

The Big ten this year is what we always say the SEC is.  A bunch of above average teams that play against each other and all the while their rankings keep increasing because of the perceived "toughness" of the league.

Good.  The system sucks.  But, at least we are benefiting from that instead of just the SEC.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

FBri0XBVUA4Lex0?format=jpg&name=small

FBrnhM5VUAwtfSJ?format=jpg&name=small

Sheer agony to be a Husker fan.....No doubt.  "This close".........

What do we need to do to get over the hump of these 1 score games?  Penalties have improved. Well legitimate penalties, not ones made up..........ST's through the past 2 games is observably better IMO.......Offensive TO's?  Get defensive TO's?  I wish there was a definitive, easily identifiable and more importantly fixable issue.  I'd say OL play. This would open up playbook (another area), the running game (another area) and "seeing the field" (another area)....

• Plus1 1

One of the things to do is just wait for the anomaly to revert back to median. 

Some of its in our hands but some of it is just freak unluck. If you believe in karma we're probably paying our dues for how exceptionally lucky Pelini was for 7 years, which means we should start winning more close ones after this season :D