Michigan: What did we learn

ndobney

Even if the play should have been called dead, Martinez needs to protect the ball better.  He also had the opportunity to get in at least FG range in the final minutes, but failed.  Given how OT has gone lately for Nebraska, I don't they would have matched score for score, though.  Martinez struggles in the big moments. Much like Tommie Armstrong and other recent QBs, he might be part of the reason why they were in the game, but he is also part of the reason why they keep losing.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think it’s possible but I see the path being minny Purdue and Wisconsin.

Iowa just plays clean football and we don’t. Love 2AM heart and plays he makes but hot damn im just so over watching a crushing loss due to another self inflicted play

If we lose any of those three, I’ll be disappointed. I hope we destroy them all, especially Wisconsin. I just think we are due for a big win this year, we’ve been building to it. Maybe we ruin Iowa’s season. We’ve proved we have the talent to do it, just need to

learn how to finish

45 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

If Nebraska calls a better first half offensively we could have actually won this game.  

Not even sure what to say.  This was the year imo because we actually have a legit defense. 

The one positive takeaway is that we made this an entertaining game in prime time again against another ranked team.  We lost but at least we made it a ball game.

2nd half was the best play calling of Frosts tenure

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Even if the play should have been called dead, Martinez needs to protect the ball better.  He also had the opportunity to get in at least FG range in the final minutes, but failed.  Given how OT has gone lately for Nebraska, I don't they would have matched score for score, though.  Martinez struggles in the big moments. Much like Tommie Armstrong and other recent QBs, he might be part of the reason why they were in the game, but he is also part of the reason why they keep losing.

Well said.

5 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

Based on what, exactly? The illegal formation call? The PI on Domann that gave them the margin of victory? The "disconcerting signals"?  The replays that needed to be overturned in the booth which  continuously showed how badly they were trying to screw us?

missed illegal formation on Nebraska’s first TD

missed offsides on Michigan interception

took 2 Michigan TDs off the board

overturned a fumble 

didn't allow Michigan to sub on TD run

21 Nebraska points came off ref errors 

in fairness they agreed PI call was bad…

What I didn't learn is how do guys like Yant, Betts, Manning shine one game and go full milk carton the next.  

Our D is playing stout but imagine if the tackling was on par with our  2009 team.

We just have to win the next two and it's on for the stretch run.  

Bitter losses either crater a team or galvanize it.  We're going to find out soon.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ndobney said:

It is completely fair right now to ask if Martinez is a loser. He has lost a ton of close games. Some qbs are winners as they just have a nak for winning.

It is not one player. That is my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

It is completely fair right now to ask if Martinez is a loser. He has lost a ton of close games. Some qbs are winners as they just have a nak for winning.

Just to look from a different perspective, how many games that have been wins would have been losses without him? Or been blowouts instead of close? It’s easy to blame him for everything, but in many cases he has been the only bright point. He will have his day