B1G Standings - October 9

5 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

I thought it was who had the best record beating teams in the west was the one who represented the west in the champ game

It's just best conference record period, which is frustrating when we get the heavyweight crossovers every year and they seem to consistently draw Rutgers/Indiana/Maryland, but it is what it is.

I was wondering if we've ever had a B1G schedule as easy as the ones Iowa and Wisconsin tend to get, and next year it looks like... almost. Our only tough crossover is Michigan. I believe this will be by far the easiest B1G crossover schedule we've had. I looked at Iowa's future schedules and in 2024 they have 0 tough crossovers. It's Indiana, Maryland, and Rutgers, 

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Does this mean that the board can "chill" if we lose to OSU and Iowa?  Asking for a friend.  :-)  It also means that we have two signature win opportunities going forward.  Sure would be nice to win the ones we can and then pull off an upset of one of these.  That would be some genuine momentum and a bowl trip to boot.  

I'm game.  Go Big Red!

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yes, we're trending with Alabama on this chart right now.  That's equal parts amazing and frustrating.

Very, very true.  It like all of us can see what the future potential looks like, but we are still living in the now. 

It is like getting a glimpse of football heaven, while plodding through the hard work of football earth. 

The old saying about a program's development:

Lose Big, Lose Small,  Win Small,  Win Big 

with the 3 very winnable games against Minne, Purdee, and Wisky  - I'd just as soon just skip the 3rd phrase and just WIN BIG  

It will be OK if we win small against Iowa and OSU also  :P

GBR. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

Josh Pate covers college football for CBS and 247.  So just a media guy's ranking.

This guy needs to have an "AP vote" so the Huskers could start showing up in the "others receiving votes" category! :koolaid2:

Side note: If the Huskers finish 7-5 (one more close loss to OSU), anyone think they are ranked?

20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Side note: If the Huskers finish 7-5 (one more close loss to OSU), anyone think they are ranked?

I just don't think so. That would probably break a lot of precedence, and there will probably be so many 8-4 teams out there.

But, a man can dream.      :tv

21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This guy needs to have an "AP vote" so the Huskers could start showing up in the "others receiving votes" category! :koolaid2:

If they do that, and then go to a bowl game and smash another team to end the year 8-5.  Yes 24th or 25th.  That is also assuming that the 4 current top 10 teams stay in the top 10-15 at the end of the year.  We would basically have 4 out of 5 losses to top 10-15 teams.  But if none of that specific stuff happens, then no.