Sympathy For A Husker

Sympathy for a Husker... a man named Scott Frost.

This is not about whether or not Frost should stay on with The Red on whether he is or isn't a good football coach.

This is not about the decades-long frustration of Husker fans who have had to endure years of disappointment from seeing an elite program slide deep into the middle pack.

This is not about who should be playing and what the strategies are and how recruiting is going.

This is about simple human empathy and compassion for a human being — Scott Frost.

The look on his face as the game ended was chilling. You could feel his deep pain from Coast to Coast even if you weren’t a Husker fan.

To be teased like this – again! – only to watch the dream disappear right in front of your eyes. Just when you thought that the ‘corner’ that everyone wants so badly to turn would finally be made — just another level of agony tossed upon the already heavy weight of so much ruination.

You have to feel for this man. Does anyone think he wanted to come home to Nebraska and have things go like this? Does anyone think he likes the taste of losing? Does anyone think that having your future with your home program up for debate every moment is something he longed for? Does anyone think about what losing does to the people around him?

This is just about having compassion for a fellow human being whose look on his face at the end of the Michigan game says it all...

‘Oh God, not again. Why? Why? What can happen next? Can I even believe any of this any more?’

It’s just football, Scott. Sure it’s huge in this State. But it’s still just a game. And as vital as this game is to the State of Nebraska, there are things even bigger.

• Plus1 5

You’re right Stone Cold. The entire college football world does want to see Nebraska return to its former glory. I read some reaction on the Michigan message board and they are glad Nebraska is getting better.  (btw they were complaining about their qb too!). 
I felt bad for Scott last night too. He didn’t have to come home-but he did and when he did he asked all of us for help. He had the daunting 

task of reviving the dumpster fire that he was given. It’s taking time but the improvements are there. (I loved it that we caused the Michigan qb to suffer his first interception of the season!)

Thanks to the OP for his post. Encouraging word. 

• Plus1 1