PFF grades our offense

One take away that Immediately comes to mind as I read this one.  Why do we not run more 12/13 personnel against a team taht bangs like UM in the trenches.  Would open a lot of 1-1 routes with a smaller DB on a TE..... Also Betts not target once.  Yanimal in for only 10 snaps.....And some of the OL scores.....

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/pff-snap-counts-and-grades-for-nebraska-s-offensive-vs-michigan

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yant.  The guy I feel the worst for on O. (besides Prochazka)  Made one mistake supposedly and yep he was gone.  That's complete BS.  

I read the tweet after the game and was truly like WTH......All the other guys with multiple driving killing penalties or scoring drives and nada.  Dude works his a$$ off from walk-on to schollie and drops weight and gets benched.  Throwing a 220lb+ hammer into the defense will start to break some nails...That was complete BS.  And a bad look for which ever coach benched him...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I know Yant is popular on here, but his mistake is something that can really screw up the offense. If the rest of the players can't trust that he will be in the right spot, it can creates bad plays and turnovers.

Also, Johnson played his a$$ off the last quarter and a half, and I don't think Yant was missed after his benching. 

• Plus1 9

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah Yant would have been better used running between the tackles and over center moreso than Johnson was.  The 4th and 2 in the first quarter also screamed needing Yant in the backfield.  

Unless NU was going to spread out and go with a single back in Yant, I hate plunging the big back into a pile of bodies. Plus, the play NU ran, it was ran well a time or 2 against Northwestern. Unfortunately, the Michigan guys on the outside beat the blocks from Brewington and Johnson, and Martinez was stopped. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Unless NU was going to spread out and go with a single back in Yant, I hate plunging the big back into a pile of bodies. Plus, the play NU ran, it was ran well a time or 2 against Northwestern. Unfortunately, the Michigan guys on the outside beat the blocks from Brewington and Johnson, and Martinez was stopped. 

And Brewington and Johnson have been blocking well this season 

• Plus1 1
Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Hmm.  Except for that play.  He tried blocking the safety who easily shed the block attempt and knocked Martinez out of bounds.  

Yes, we know that. The Michigan defender made a great play. However, we don't know if Yant being in to run the ball or be a lead blocker makes the play a different outcome.

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Wasn't there a play he went to the wrong side on the handoff?  We should have cleaned that up before the game.  But there's a lot of stuff we don't seem to clean up before gametime.  Not downing that one excellent punt inside the two was also a c'mon guys. 

That's the play where they pulled him. It was bad and it caused the only punt in the 3rd quarter. Some plays are bad, but that could be because the player on the other team made a good play. Poor play is different than not knowing your job.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yant also missed a block on a pass play and Adrian got pressured.  Looked like he was afraid.

Yant's first carry also only went for 2 yards when he tried to juke 2 defenders instead of putting his head down and pushing the pile for 2 more yards. He did have a nice catch and run which was nullified by penalty on the next play, but Yant's inconsistency is why he didn't play more against Michigan. Rahmir is the better all-around back right now, and NU went with a back who could be used in the run and pass game against Michigan.  Hopefully Yant can clean up his mistakes and be more consistent going forward. 

• Plus1 4