PFF grades our offense

11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah Yant would have been better used running between the tackles and over center moreso than Johnson was.  The 4th and 2 in the first quarter also screamed needing Yant in the backfield.  

Johnson has been blocking that QB power play to perfection. Its been one of our go to plays. He missed the block on that one but its not hard to see why we went with that in that situation.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I understand pulling a guy for making a mistake but then to not to play him the rest of the game doesn't seem right. Jurgens gets another 15 yard penalty in this game and i dont see him missing any snaps. 

There is a difference in a physical mistake (Jurgens penalty) and a mental mistake/not understanding responsibility on a given play.  There is also a big difference if that mistake is from a skill player, as him not being in the correct spot can totally screw up the play (and potentially lead to a turnover).

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is a difference in a physical mistake (Jurgens penalty) and a mental mistake/not understanding responsibility on a given play.  There is also a big difference if that mistake is from a skill player, as him not being in the correct spot can totally screw up the play (and potentially lead to a turnover).

Jurgens false starts and holding penalties have probably screwed some plays up and there was the snapping issues he had for a few years. Rahmir Johnson played really well last night though so its easier to pull yant than it would be to pull jurgens. All i was trying to say is pull yant for a series or two then give him another shot instead of sitting him for the last 1.5 quarters of a close game.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Jurgens false starts and holding penalties have probably screwed some plays up and there was the snapping issues he had for a few years. Rahmir Johnson played really well last night though so its easier to pull yant than it would be to pull jurgens. All i was trying to say is pull yant for a series or two then give him another shot instead of sitting him for the last 1.5 quarters of a close game.

Fair comment on punishing Yant for the the rest of the game, but Johnson played very well over that same time, and the offense was humming along and very balanced.  I didn't really see where bringing Yant back in would have changed the result in the game.

9 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

All i was trying to say is pull yant for a series or two then give him another shot instead of sitting him for the last 1.5 quarters of a close game.

And I'm saying if coaches are at all scared he's not solid on the plays a close game is the last place you feel good about sticking him in. 

• Plus1 2