Harbaugh complaining about the officiating

10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I can't be mad at Harbaugh.  Those referee's were horrible Saturday night.  

FBYg6_iWEAAzwSJ?format=jpg&name=large

You don't say...

FBYg6_fWYAIMzBE?format=jpg&name=large

If anything JoJo helped him out.  He was going even further away from the ball.  JoJo the nice Christian kid he is tried to redirect the WR.  How do you call it interference when the guy is trying to cut inside and the ball is thrown outside 20' out of bounds and over everyone's head?

• Plus1 3

13 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If anything JoJo helped him out.  He was going even further away from the ball.  JoJo the nice Christian kid he is tried to redirect the WR.  How do you call it interference when the guy is trying to cut inside and the ball is thrown outside 20' out of bounds and over everyone's head?

That's a great question.  The receiver literally stopped his route also so in the end how on earth that is PI is beyond me.  Just another to add to the list of questionable/strange/terrible calls Sat night. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Is he sure he wants any more attention paid to the officiating?...

Many in the program have suggested that there is a possible fix and they have been sending tapes for years. Now as fans, we have something tangible for everyone to see. It was done on their sideline as well so no Nebraska coach or player could see. 

I remember one of the announcers during the game mentioning the ref moving his foot but I dont think they went back and showed it again. That guy should never work another game.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, skers83 said:

I remember one of the announcers during the game mentioning the ref moving his foot but I dont think they went back and showed it again. That guy should never work another game.

Yes- I HATE it when the ref looks at the sticks before they make the final spot. Where the sticks are HAS NO BEARING on where you Mr Referee saw the ball carrier go down. See it ALL the time in HS. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

was there a replay or did anyone see the penalty on Jurgens?  I don't recall them showing it while watching the game on TV.  Also 66 for Mich is a holding son of gun.  Believe it was him who tackled Daniels and then on one of Mich bigger plays he was riding on the back of one of our defenders.  

Was there even a hold called? There was blatant holding every play. That one with 66 hanging onto Henrich's back is the one that stands out to me and was an absolute game changer.

• Plus1 1

Harbaugh deserves so much s*** for complaining about the reffing after he won, but honestly it sort of underscores just how terrible the officiating was all night.

We also got held bad on one of their long runs - I'll see if I can find the play and post it.

The call on JoJo was the big one. I can't sit here like a total homer and say the call had absolutely zero merit, but I think there's a really good case that their guy just runs into JoJo.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

was there a replay or did anyone see the penalty on Jurgens?  I don't recall them showing it while watching the game on TV.  Also 66 for Mich is a holding son of gun.  Believe it was him who tackled Daniels and then on one of Mich bigger plays he was riding on the back of one of our defenders.  

He went about 5-6 yards downfield and cut blocked a LB/Safety.

I was calling out 66 during the game.And Frost never hearing of joint possession on a fumble..I don't think anyone else has either. I heard there was a camera shot that showed the Michigan player had his leg on the ball and the Husker had 2 hands on it. Has anyone seen that or heard that?

2 minutes ago, skers83 said:

I heard there was a camera shot that showed the Michigan player had his leg on the ball and the Husker had 2 hands on it. Has anyone seen that or heard that?

Yes.  It was shown on the broadcast of the game and I can’t believe that didn’t get replayed.  It was clear on the camera. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

It doesnt matter- the ball was uncatchable anyways

The objective argument of course though is that it may not have been if there's no contact.

But I believe what trumps that matter all around is that their receiver seems to have just flat out ran into JoJo.

Where it seems relatively clear it should have been a no-call either way though is the fact that JoJo's eyes are back toward the QB. He's really just bracing himself as their guy flat out runs into him.

• Plus1 2