Harbaugh complaining about the officiating

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

The objective argument of course though is that it may not have been if there's no contact.

But I believe what trumps that matter all around is that their receiver seems to have just flat out ran into JoJo.

Where it seems relatively clear it should have been a no-call either way though is the fact that JoJo's eyes are back toward the QB. He's really just bracing himself as their guy flat out runs into him.

It was uncatchable because the WR didn't even know where the ball was and it was thrown out of bounds about 10 yards past where he ran into Jojo.  I'm fine with it being called if JoJo had impeded him from going toward the ball.  Guys was cutting inside while the ball was outside.  

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, skers83 said:

I remember one of the announcers during the game mentioning the ref moving his foot but I dont think they went back and showed it again. That guy should never work another game.

And it is close right, if he initially would’ve given him a first down, I wouldn’t have argued it. But it’s the fact that his judgement saw it was short by half a yard and he starts moving it up not once, but twice, and it’s on their sideline. Some people are arguing about this with me on Reddit lol but if you apply this same situation near the goal line, that’s the difference in someone scoring or not. And that’s fixing the game. Every play is reviewed so it’s not like the line judge can’t be helped out if they made a bad call. 

• Plus1 3

On the PI play in the second quarter, it was not even close to a foul. Jordan Westerkamp was literally tackled against Wiscy in OT in 2016 and they did not call anything. How is that not called and this running into the defender is called? It is almost like you cannot play defense out here and it was called on one of our best players too. Makes no sense, but we were only a fumble away- could make an argument he was down- from potentially beating them. 

The most frustrating part is we can't get a break or call to go our way to  get us over the hump against these elite teams. If the Michigan QB fumbled the same play as Martinez they 100 percent call him down. 

I believe we can get it right against one of the two top ten teams left on our schedule. But we will have to play a cleaner game and not turn over the ball. The team is so close to getting it done.  

So is Trev going to bring this up to the B1G offices? Or work to get a narrative going about this game?

Seems like the only reason Harbaugh said something is because he knew the officiating was s***tacular in his favor and he wanted to get out in front of the eventual proof that the officiating crew had their head up their arse and were fans of Michigan's...literally.

• Plus1 4

4 hours ago, skers83 said:

I remember one of the announcers during the game mentioning the ref moving his foot but I dont think they went back and showed it again. That guy should never work another game.

It's the right spot though... Forward progress was right at the yellow line.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would hate to be a ref.  Have any of you guys done it?

I have done baseball and hated it.  I have been asked to ref middle school football but there is no chance.  It is miserable and I know I would be horrible at it.

Yes, I've done it a few times as a sub as a favor to a crew. It absolutely is much more difficult than one thinks, gives you a real appreciation for the good ones.  

HOWEVER the consistent poor calls going against NU are egregious. I'm one who ALWAYS talks about playing past the refs- part of the game and that NU will rarely get the benefit of the doubt until WE play cleaner. But this game was just so over the top. 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would hate to be a ref.  Have any of you guys done it?

I have done baseball and hated it.  I have been asked to ref middle school football but there is no chance.  It is miserable and I know I would be horrible at it.

I've reffed quite a bit of high school basketball over the last 20-ish years.  I usually do 1-2 JV/Jr High games each year when the local guys come up short.

I enjoy reffing basketball.  I don't really like reffing football.