Harbaugh complaining about the officiating

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay, tell me this, during games I make small talk with the ref closest to me on the sidelines.  I think they find me witty and clever but they probably don't.  I never b!^@h about the game, I just chat with them.

Is that okay?

One of my favorite all time college coaches was Jonny Orr at ISU. What a great coach and class act. 

I heard him interviewed one time and asked how he never got a technical foul for arguing with the refs. 

He said, when you want to complain, you go to a ref and say,   “You know, you are doing a fantastic job, but that SOB over there, he has no clue….what was he thinking?”

Classic Jonny. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Redux said:

Jim Harbaugh can suck a railroad spike.  The POS wouldn't even give a post game interview, he was skipping off the field like a little b!^@h.  Deception, yeah ok.  Nevermind we got flagged on rules that had to be dusted off or invented on the spot, and he was awarded 2 touchdowns that had to be reviewed on one drive and another even though there was 0 time on the playclock, and they got a new set of downs for a pass interference where his receiver ran into our defender, and that they only got 3 up on us on a fumble that should've been blown dead seconds earlier.  I coule probably keep going. But yeah Jim. Go ahead and complain more about your win you whiny dork.

It's like issuing a citation for walking an unshod horse on a cobbled street after dark without a lantern bearer leading the way........Some straight up BS.  

Just like the dual possession.  Looked like the UM player has a leg and a$$ cheek on the ball.  Our guy had 2 hands....

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have a friend that used to do "select" little league.  One day, he booted a Dad and refused to continue the game until the Dad left the facility.

The other time, he got so sick of the lame parents ragging him that he refused to call a strike on any pitch for that team until they all shut up...and by then the bases were loaded.  Ha

It’s not right, but had an a$$ of a coach two years ago in the 12 year old state championship game who pissed the ump off so bad that that he grabbed the catcher, stood him up and told him to set up a foot outside and if his pitcher can hit the spot he’ll call it a strike (for the backwards K). He did, and the pitcher did, and the kid and the team were sent home. Sucks for the kid. He wasn’t the a-hole. Good for me because I’m the pitchers mom.  Dude had the never to call my husband and asked our son  to play for him. 

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Is he sure he wants any more attention paid to the officiating?...

Many in the program have suggested that there is a possible fix and they have been sending tapes for years. Now as fans, we have something tangible for everyone to see. It was done on their sideline as well so no Nebraska coach or player could see. 

Excellent find. One of the people I was watching with saw that and it was obviously giving Michigan the favorable spot for the first down. It’s these things over the course of the game that always has us fighting uphill. Total penalty yards are often meaningless and used for cover in games like this.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay, tell me this, during games I make small talk with the ref closest to me on the sidelines.  I think they find me witty and clever but they probably don't.  I never b!^@h about the game, I just chat with them.

Is that okay?

My son is a catcher and he always shakes the umps hand before the game and chats with him during the game.  In his eyes,  he thinks it helps on some calls and makes the game go smoothly. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

I would hate to be a ref.  Have any of you guys done it?

I have done baseball and hated it.  I have been asked to ref middle school football but there is no chance.  It is miserable and I know I would be horrible at it.

Basketball mostly.  About 25 games.  It's fun.  You want to play.  It can be a b!^@h though.  I liked it. 

Baseball is fun in the field, but not my thing.  Umpiring sucks.  Maybe bc I played in the minors. 

You respect blue, you hate blue, you don't want to be blue.  You know I mean?

In hoops it was always a blast to T-up a coach.  Esp when they up 20 points and he screaming "3 seconds!  That's a foul!  Where's the call!" 

Me - "warning, shut the f#&% up lol"  Then BHAM!  Technical!   chuckleshuffle

• Oh Yeah! 1