Why No Yant?

Granted Northwestern was BAD, but Yant looked better than any of our other backs and it's not even close.  Why only 4 carries Saturday night?  Johnson seems to me, a back who can catch a pass out of the backfield once in awhile or you utilize his speed for trick/gimmick plays.  If you want to pound the rock against teams line up Yant and give him the carries.  Eventually Yant will wear teams down and move the chains.  Johnson is not that back and never will be given his size.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Im a Yant fan- but he did put us behind the chains by running into AM on 2nd and short. We ended up punting. Had he not run into AM- there was enough of a sliver there he could have gotten the first. 

With the way this offense is evolving, probably will see lots of RJ, but agree he cant move the pile. Would like to see more of that 2 back look with both in. 

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Because when given his chances he whiffed on a protection, and didn't convert a 2nd and 2 because he went the wrong way. We ended up punting. Probably also doesn't end up with 105 yards receiving like Johnson did. 

Don't get me wrong, I would've liked to see more of him. But he's getting in his own way.

I get that, but we need two capable backs. Seems like our coaches have a horrible grip of the RB room. They finally found Rahmir who started as #4 on the depth chart, but can clearly be the guy who takes 50+% of the snaps at RB. Rahmir does a lot of things really well, but at 185lbs he's not a guy you can run consistently between the tackles in the B1G. Yant is young, and made mistakes - but it would behoove the coaching staff to continue to get him reps and confidence. We are gonna need more than Johnson. Guys like Adrian, Jurgy , Benhart, Turner, were given a chance to make mistakes and grow on the field. Seems like some guys are given leeway and some guys make one error and are put on a milk carton. Maybe it's just how Held runs his room. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1