Who Will Win - Huskers vs Minne - Poll

TGHusker

Minnesota Game  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously all games are big games in their own right, but this one is unique in that it can confirm NU’s progress by beating a conference team on the road after 7 straight games (3 against top 10’opponents)   Win this game convincingly, take the week off and it will lead to a successful season finish I believe 

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

With all the struggles Minnesota has had this year, and adding on top of that some recent losses of starting players, I expect Nebraska to win 42-17.  This would help continue the narrative that the program is being turned around.  

If we somehow struggle in this game it will simply add fuel to the fire around questioning where this program is headed.  It's a really important game for Frost and the program.  Let's hope our boys come ready to play!

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

With all the struggles Minnesota has had this year, and adding on top of that some recent losses of starting players, I expect Nebraska to win 42-17.  This would help continue the narrative that the program is being turned around.  

If we somehow struggle in this game it will simply add fuel to the fire around questioning where this program is headed.  It's a really important game for Frost and the program.  Let's hope our boys come ready to play!

Minnesota has had their struggles, no doubt.  However, they have had an extra week to prepare and we are playing our 8th game without a break, in their house.  I'm guessing the game will be more competitive than anyone of us would like and I do think Nebraska will struggle to put up points.  Minnesota has given up an average of 9 points over their last 3 games...  Their defense is still showing up.

Nebraska 24

Minnesota 17

I hope I'm wrong and we can hang 40 on them...  GBR

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Minnesota has had their struggles, no doubt.  However, they have had an extra week to prepare and we are playing our 8th game without a break, in their house.  I'm guessing the game will be more competitive than anyone of us would like and I do think Nebraska will struggle to put up points.  Minnesota has given up an average of 9 points over their last 3 games...  Their defense is still showing up.

Nebraska 24

Minnesota 17

I hope I'm wrong and we can hang 40 on them...  GBR

I think Minnesota is only marginally better than Northwestern this year which is why I had a smaller margin of victory than we had against the Wildcats. :) Now playing on the road may be an issue but we have a defense that has played a lot of snaps over the course of the past several years and a QB that has been starting for 4 years.  We should not see a huge dropoff playing on the road, but as we all know with this current program, we should expect the unexpected to happen.  

It would do my heart good if there is some turmoil in the Minne locker room this week.

Minnesota offensive lineman Curtis Dunlap announced his intentions to enter the Transfer Portal on Tuesday.

Dunlap appeared in 21 games, starting 15, during his time with the Gophers. His most significant playing time came in 2019 when he started 12 games at right guard. Dunlap missed the 2020 season with an injury and returned to play in the first five games this year before his decision to transfer. He projects to have two seasons of eligibility remaining at his next stop. 

Experienced Big Ten offensive lineman enters Transfer Portal (msn.com)

5 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Is there a reason were not looking at this fella

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who says we aren't?

Also, there's also the chance that he's been the cause of turmoil in the locker room and that's why he lost his starting job and now he's gone.

The minnesota fans who come around sometimes can correct if I'm wrong here, but I think his weight has been a constant issue. Especially where we pull a fair amount, I would think he'd have to convince our staff that he can keep it under control. Plenty of smaller schools where he could just bully people without worrying about conditioning as much.