Thoughts on bringing in Ed Orgeron as a recruiter?

Coach O's days are numbered in Baton Rouge. I know when Riley took over, Orgeron mentioned that he'd be interested in coaching the D-line, but Riley already had his own names in mind, and brushed him off. I'd personally love to see him brought in to help with recruiting, since he's one of the best in the nation. He's less than 2 years off winning a national championship, plus deep roots in Louisiana, one of the most talent-rich states. Not sure what all is involved after LSU pays his buyout, etc... 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Coach O's days are numbered in Baton Rouge. I know when Riley took over, Orgeron mentioned that he'd be interested in coaching the D-line, but Riley already had his own names in mind, and brushed him off. I'd personally love to see him brought in to help with recruiting, since he's one of the best in the nation. He's less than 2 years off winning a national championship, plus deep roots in Louisiana, one of the most talent-rich states. Not sure what all is involved after LSU pays his buyout, etc... 

I’m good with this.  He can definitely bring in players. 

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s fine, but do we really need a new D line coach?  These kinds of ideas are great on a message board, but are we going to change that chemistry for probably one year then he heads off somewhere else?

NU's D-Line coach (too lazy to look up the spelling of his name) has done a very good job, and could be an up and coming assistant in college football.  He could be in-line for a DC job soon, and a head coaching job down the road.  The big thing with him is his son is a junior in high school as is being offered by a lot of D1 schools, so he may not want to have his son to change high schools so late in his high school career.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I'd move Verduzco out.  Frost to coach QB's (still unsure how much play calling he and Lubick split).  Move up Bill Busch to ST's coordinator.  He can help with our pass D as well.  Did good coaching DB's while on staff here and ST's were solid under him.  He can also recruit very well.....Easy move.  Just a thought.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1