Thoughts on bringing in Ed Orgeron as a recruiter?

2 hours ago, lo country said:

I'd move Verduzco out.  Frost to coach QB's (still unsure how much play calling he and Lubick split).  Move up Bill Busch to ST's coordinator.  He can help with our pass D as well.  Did good coaching DB's while on staff here and ST's were solid under him.  He can also recruit very well.....Easy move.  Just a thought.

Would see a massive uptick in recruiting the Southwest

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see some lower-level teams coming after Chin this season with HC offers. 

Some interesting choices in the list of who LSU fans would like to see as their next HC

FF09D07F-C0FA-45FB-87FD-AAA75180B56A.jpeg

If we are talking about hypotheticals.  If Frost goes 4-8 again and you have the chance to hire Lane Kiffin from Oxford, MS and Chinander accepts Lane's offer to stay on, would you bring him in?

25 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

If we are talking about hypotheticals.  If Frost goes 4-8 again and you have the chance to hire Lane Kiffin from Oxford, MS and Chinander accepts Lane's offer to stay on, would you bring him in?

I would. Not sure what the chances are that he’d actually come here, but he might see the B1G as an easier route to the playoff than the SEC, plus he’s a proven recruiter and he knows what it takes to beat the SEC teams.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I would. Not sure what the chances are that he’d actually come here, but he might see the B1G as an easier route to the playoff than the SEC, plus he’s a proven recruiter and he knows what it takes to beat the SEC teams when he lucks into a world class OC who just happens to be on staff at the NFL team within the same state and allowed him to unlock all the talent he had on offense.

FIFY.  Coach O is an absolute world class recruiter, I just wonder if that 2019 LSU team is going to go down like 2001 Miami in that they won in spite of their coach.  While I don't think Orgeron is on the same level as Coker, I think he's a slightly above average HC at best.

4 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Hell yes!!!

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

he knows what it takes to beat the SEC teams when he lucks into a world class OC who just happens to be on staff at the NFL team within the same state and allowed him to unlock all the talent he had on offense.

Perhaps, but he's been pretty successful everywhere he's been, and he remains a hot commodity... plus I remember his tweet a few years back

lk.png

20 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Perhaps, but he's been pretty successful everywhere he's been, and he remains a hot commodity... plus I remember his tweet a few years back

lk.png

Orgeron was a complete disaster at Ole Miss and honestly, outside of 2018 and 2019, he's been pretty underwhelming at LSU.  We'll end up agreeing to disagree on this one which is a-ok.