Fan Pressure- Causes Change or Not?

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I'm not sure fan pressure can cause coaches to change play style in college as I believe it is rare for the majority of a fan base to be in agreement on specific style.  While a lot of us on here hated the bubble screens, I don't think we make up a significant enough portion of the fan base to move the needle.   I do think fan pressure can cause staff changes though.  

Maybe

At NU- Watson was very respectfully helped to the door by helping him find another paying gig. Banker was tossed out like a drunk through a Wild West 1884 saloon. Bohl was shown the door here etc- Lots of fan pressure on those.  Happens all over the place it seems. 

Coaches and players who say they tune out media and Twitter chatter are lying. 

That doesn't mean they will switch to an option offense or quit football in shame based on these "helpful" suggestions, but I think it does wear you down over time. 

Fact is, college football is an entertainment product that competes for people's discretionary leisure time. Even nice people who don't criticize anyone might find themselves making Saturday plans they didn't used to if the games no longer feel fun.

That's why I consider the the last four Husker games progress. I'm far more interested in this 3-4 team than last season's 3-4 team. 

If fan pressure is having one of the largest live crowds in college football rocking to the rafters in hopes you can finish off Michigan, that's a great problem to have.

If players are lucky enough to turn pro and find themselves playing for say, the Philadelphia Eagles, they will chuckle at what they used to call fan pressure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1