Nebraska analysis...the rest of the way

Husker Board new user here.....be gentle.... 

If Nebraska beats Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin with losses to Iowa and Ohio State, I am satisfied with the year. 

If Nebraska loses one of those games, this season is a disappointment. 

If Nebraska beats Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin AND one of the others...I am thrilled. 

What say you?

• Plus1 9

Bless me father for I have sinned. Its been 18 months since my last Husker confession and I have yelled expletives at my TV during every Husker game since that time. In my defense, this last game I was yelling at the officials, not the coaches or team, so I’m not really sorry. Please don’t give me any hail Mary’s as those don’t usually end up well when it comes to football.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 7
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Bless me father for I have sinned. Its been 18 months since my last Husker confession and I have yelled expletives at my TV during every Husker game since that time. In my defense, this last game I was yelling at the officials, not the coaches or team, so I’m not really sorry. Please don’t give me any hail Mary’s as those don’t usually end up well when it comes to football.

I agree. And I’m a man of the cloth. Oh yeah…you’re forgiven…blah blah blah…..

23 minutes ago, lo country said:

Get Wisky, Minnie and Purdue and it's a good season.  We have beaten Wisky once since we joined the B1G.  To start winning the conference, we have to beat them......We win these 3 we go bowling.  What's not to like about that.  I would be  ecstatic to knock off Iowa.  

I’m ok if we lose every game and curb stomp Iowa. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

7 hours ago, HuskerPriest said:

Husker Board new user here.....be gentle.... 

If Nebraska beats Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin with losses to Iowa and Ohio State, I am satisfied with the year. 

If Nebraska loses one of those games, this season is a disappointment. 

If Nebraska beats Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin AND one of the others...I am thrilled. 

What say you?

Spot on Padre. Have to beat Purdue and Minny. Don't care where the 3rd win comes from, just win another one. 6-6 and a bowl would be awesome. Anything better than 6-6 would be amazing. 5-7 and I'm pretty bitter we're at home after November for the 5th straight year. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I’m ok if we lose every game and curb stomp Iowa. 

I hate to say this, but I am with you.  I hate them.  I'd love to have them undefeated and sitting at number 2 and we beat them.  Hell, Let UGA lose and we can knock off the #1 team.  When's the last time that has happened.  

• Plus1 3

I would almost trade getting to 6 wins if it meant being the first to spoil Iowa’s so called perfect season. They have the most pathetic schedule imaginable. Penn St is the only team they have played with half a heartbeat and we’re about the only ones left with a shot. But don’t tell the squawkeyes that, they think they’re worthy of that high ranking.

• Plus1 6

We can all agree that Iowa is certainly not worthy of a top five ranking and beatable. That being said, NU just now needs to progress to beating the teams they SHOULD beat. That is where the Minny, Purdue and Wisky games come in. These are teams that have beaten us recently yet we are better than this year. No slip ups. 

Iowa and Ohio State are beatable but good opponents. I won’t let losses to those teams ruin the season. The only game truly unexplainable this year is Illinois. 

Next year….the expectation is to start to knock off a few of the big dogs. 

• Plus1 4