Nebraska analysis...the rest of the way

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Spot on Padre. Have to beat Purdue and Minny. Don't care where the 3rd win comes from, just win another one. 6-6 and a bowl would be awesome. Anything better than 6-6 would be amazing. 5-7 and I'm pretty bitter we're at home after November for the 5th straight year. 

Agree, it's nice that we're going toe-to-toe with quality teams but if at the end of the season we're under .500 with a loss to a bad Illinois team and not having beaten anyone that's above mediocre that's not saying much for being four years in. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, JJ Husker said:

I would almost trade getting to 6 wins if it meant being the first to spoil Iowa’s so called perfect season. They have the most pathetic schedule imaginable. Penn St is the only team they have played with half a heartbeat and we’re about the only ones left with a shot. But don’t tell the squawkeyes that, they think they’re worthy of that high ranking.

There are 5 B1G teams in the AP top 10 right now.  OSU is probably the only one that will be there in the final poll.  Lots of football to play.  Still, I don't think Id say PSU has half a heartbeat.  JMO.

Iowa would/will be 1-2-3 ranked ... so, it's gonna be special to win those three games at a minimum and then have chances with OSU and Iowa.  It would be awesome to stop Iowa's streak with them having a banner year on their easy schedule.  We can have the same kind of year next year with our schedule [having OU at home].

On 10/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, HuskerPriest said:

Husker Board new user here.....be gentle.... 

If Nebraska beats Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin with losses to Iowa and Ohio State, I am satisfied with the year. 

If Nebraska loses one of those games, this season is a disappointment. 

If Nebraska beats Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin AND one of the others...I am thrilled. 

What say you?

Agree 100%. 

If Nebraska wins out - I'll pray the rosary even as a Protestant.  I believe that is 50 Hail Mary, and 5 Our Fathers & 5 Glory Be prayers.  

OR 

Maybe I should pray it now so we can win out:dunno

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
42 minutes ago, clone said:

There are 5 B1G teams in the AP top 10 right now.  OSU is probably the only one that will be there in the final poll.  Lots of football to play.  Still, I don't think Id say PSU has half a heartbeat.  JMO.

I was talking about who Iowa has played. It was intended as at least half a heartbeat. Unless you don’t think PSU is even that good? I won’t argue with you unless you tell me Iowa has actually played anyone worth two squirts.

• Plus1 1
On 10/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, JJ Husker said:

I was talking about who Iowa has played. It was intended as at least half a heartbeat. Unless you don’t think PSU is even that good? I won’t argue with you unless you tell me Iowa has actually played anyone worth two squirts.

Yes, PSU is good, maybe even very good.  Top 10?  I think NO poll is valid until mid to late  November.  Until there is a real 16 team playoff, there will always be a MyticalNationalChampionship called by the media.  JMO

• Plus1 1

Game day - time for Nebraska to begin to separate themselves from B1G West programs of NW, MN, and Purdue. 

NW already in the books this year, today bring on MN.   This game shouldn't be close - so those close game issues are for another week to improve upon.

If they can then split with IA and WI this year,  the Huskers will be ready to take the next step to win the division in the near future.

Looks like good weather in MN for football.   39 currently with ~50 for game-time.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1