does eric chinander leave

My for what it is worth take (it and $5 can buy you a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts)

Frost and Trev after end of year coaching evaluation give Chin a raise for creating stability in the program.  They retain all of the D assistant coaches.  

Tell Austin, Held,  and V to find new opportunities and elevate Brown (RB) and Busch(ST) to full time assistant coach status & hire a new OL coach.  

Of course that is my arm chair coaching position opinion  Deep down, I believe there is a good chance that Frost doesn't make any changes.  OL is playing better, ST is playing better and AM is playing better.   Of the 3, I think Held should be the last one to seek new opportunities.  His group has been hindered by Austin's group issues.  I'm not convinced that Coach V spot is worth keeping.  Seems to me Frost could work the QBs and open up a spot for Busch as a ST coach & recruiter.  Would being a QB coach take too much time for Frost and would it distract from his CEO responsibilities?  Could Lubick coach QB and Receivers - the positions are related - QB throws, WR catch??   Or Could Beckton coach WR & TE - Freeing Lubick to work wt QB.   Of course through the years, Coach Brown has done and excellent job wt RBs and WR if we want to throw Ron Brown into the mix.  

• Plus1 4

I think the QB job is tailor made for a high priced analyst.  I mean how much QB coaching really goes on during the game anyway?  You look at the print outs, talk with the booth, etc.  I just think the gap between a full time QB coach and an analyst is much smaller than the gap of what they are doing now and hiring a full time ST coach is.

16 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I think the QB job is tailor made for a high priced analyst.  I mean how much QB coaching really goes on during the game anyway?  

Apparently a decent amount because they moved Verdu to the sideline this year and Martinez has talked about how it makes going over things easier.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My for what it is worth take (it and $5 can buy you a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts)

Frost and Trev after end of year coaching evaluation give Chin a raise for creating stability in the program.  They retain all of the D assistant coaches.  

Tell Austin, Held,  and V to find new opportunities and elevate Brown (RB) and Busch(ST) to full time assistant coach status & hire a new OL coach.  

Of course that is my arm chair coaching position opinion  Deep down, I believe there is a good chance that Frost doesn't make any changes.  OL is playing better, ST is playing better and AM is playing better.   Of the 3, I think Held should be the last one to seek new opportunities.  His group has been hindered by Austin's group issues.  I'm not convinced that Coach V spot is worth keeping.  Seems to me Frost could work the QBs and open up a spot for Busch as a ST coach & recruiter.  Would being a QB coach take too much time for Frost and would it distract from his CEO responsibilities?  Could Lubick coach QB and Receivers - the positions are related - QB throws, WR catch??   Or Could Beckton coach WR & TE - Freeing Lubick to work wt QB.   Of course through the years, Coach Brown has done and excellent job wt RBs and WR if we want to throw Ron Brown into the mix.  

I could see any or all of that happening.  However, I would be very surprised if Brown becomes a full time assistant again.  

19 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I think the QB job is tailor made for a high priced analyst.  I mean how much QB coaching really goes on during the game anyway?  You look at the print outs, talk with the booth, etc.  I just think the gap between a full time QB coach and an analyst is much smaller than the gap of what they are doing now and hiring a full time ST coach is.

I actually think the opposite.  I believe the QBs need someone on the field they can talk to after they come off.  They can talk about what happened, what should have happened.  What he needs to do next time he sees something...etc.  That coach can also be a calming influence to the QB if he's frustrated about something on the field.

I also think that Coach V being on the side lines has helped 2AM.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Apparently a decent amount because they moved Verdu to the sideline this year and Martinez has talked about how it makes going over things easier.

Mrs Verduzco- the support you show for your husband is very admirable, given his lack of success here at Nebraska and his bizzare look- but if you love him, more power to you. I won't judge you if you have some type of Hobbit fetish. Just be a bit more subtle, you're giving it away. 

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Mrs Verduzco- the support you show for your husband is very admirable, given his lack of success here at Nebraska and his bizzare look- but if you love him, more power to you. I won't judge you if you have some type of Hobbit fetish. Just be a bit more subtle, you're giving it away. 

No need to get insulting towards another poster who is giving his objective opinion.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1