does eric chinander leave

On 10/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

I could never understand the hate that he got for a couple of years.  He took over a D that flat out couldn't tackle and wanted to have nothing to do with any contact.  The fact that in year 1, as hard as it was to watch tackles being made 10 yards downfield on a dive play, that they at least tackled people was impressive to me.

Lamar Jackson was flat out terrible when Chin got here.  In one year he was a decent player.

They still can’t tackle!!!  Look at the Yards After Cintact, missed tackles and the techniques (grabbing high or battering ram without wrapping up ortaking out the legs).

At this stage, it’s just poor coaching.

Defense had two takeaways today. They held Minnie to three first downs in second half. Frost let us down by his horrible play calling and game management. If I were Chinander, I would read the writing on the wall and would look for a HC opportunity even if it is on an FCS team and get out of dodge. Frost has proven he is not capable of getting his coaches and this team to stop beating themselves. Our defense, although slow to react at times, has kept us in all games and gave our offense many chances to seal the win. Erik Chinander is the only coach on this coaching staff to show true progress.

17 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Defense had two takeaways today. They held Minnie to three first downs in second half. Frost let us down by his horrible play calling and game management. If I were Chinander, I would read the writing on the wall and would look for a HC opportunity even if it is on an FCS team and get out of dodge. Frost has proven he is not capable of getting his coaches and this team to stop beating themselves. Our defense, although slow to react at times, has kept us in all games and gave our offense many chances to seal the win. Erik Chinander is the only coach on this coaching staff to show true progress.

I don't think there is any level of the defense that hasn't improved.  Schematically, I'd like to see more press coverage on obvious passing downs, but that's me.  I just don't understand, how you come out flat today.  Chins dad passed away, you have a bye next week.  Ball out......

To your point, I wouldn't be surprised if guys on the D staff are putting feelers out.  Just "in case".

29 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't think there is any level of the defense that hasn't improved.  Schematically, I'd like to see more press coverage on obvious passing downs, but that's me.  I just don't understand, how you come out flat today.  Chins dad passed away, you have a bye next week.  Ball out......

To your point, I wouldn't be surprised if guys on the D staff are putting feelers out.  Just "in case".

I agree with you. I really thought that the team as a whole would come out and play their heart’s out for their coach and get him a win. Unfortunately, our offense’s chaotic performance with no common sense play calling is hard to overcome. Frost is letting this team down by failing to come up with a good game plan. His approach to a game plan is trial and error during the game itself rather than studying tape on his opponent and designing plays that have a high percentage. We drove down the field and scored in one minute. Why didn’t we do more of that earlier in the game? Defense did enough. Offense and ST lost the game today.

• Thanks 1