Is the fan base as diehard in the northwest part of the state as they are closer to Lincoln areas of Nebraska?

One thing I love about Nebraska is that no matter where you're at in the state, you can always find some husker pride. It doesn't matter if you go the farthest corners- Haigler, Falls City, Harrison, or South Sioux City. I've seen husker signs outside houses and people wearing husker hats in all of them. Not sure I've been another place that matches the enthusiasm- even SEC country.

• Plus1 2

It's the same across the state. My dad grew up near Scottsbluff. We visited family there regularly and it's the same passion as it is on the Eastside of the state. Even the ones that move to Denver still root for Big Red. You can find a surprising amount of Husker fans in Colorado.

Being from Chadron I'm an Eagles fan first(kidding, though I do love CSC). In all seriousness, lived in Scottsbluff as well and its Nebraska all the way in those parts. Had one friend who was a Buffs fan and he was ridiculed endlessly. He cried at recess one day in middle school because there was like 6 kids raggin on him for being a Colorado fan. I don't condone bullying but I can't say I feel bad about it :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

16 hours ago, EngineeringHusker said:

One thing I love about Nebraska is that no matter where you're at in the state, you can always find some husker pride. It doesn't matter if you go the farthest corners- Haigler, Falls City, Harrison, or South Sioux City. I've seen husker signs outside houses and people wearing husker hats in all of them. Not sure I've been another place that matches the enthusiasm- even SEC country.

Well, unless we're going to root for our sandhill cranes or chimney rock, the Huskers is about it.  Maybe carhenge. 

I watched the Michigan State game in a bar in Western Nebraska.  I honestly felt like the atmosphere, and the attitude, was better.  I can't speak for all the residents out there but can confidently say they were very die hard Husker fans.  It was almost like stepping back in time 25 years- had a great time.  

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

One might say that they're....thunderstruck for Nebraska Axl.

David caruso GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I see what you did there....Very CSI Miami of you.   You could say the fans there are on fire....for the Huskers.

• Oh Yeah! 1