*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

This team reminds me of 2017 right now.  It almost looks like our players have quit.  Plain just quit.....so far.

If we don't start recruiting Big 10 athletes on both sides of the ball we won't sustain any level of success.  Mainly we are not getting lineman on either side of the ball.  We have to get offensive lineman.  WE don't compare to other Big 10 teams up front.  WE all know that in the 80's and 90's we had nothing if not for offensive and defensive lines.  Until we get better up front, we will not compete week in and week out.

They’re coming, but not yet strong/big or well taught… Luto, Teddy and Benhart have the height/builds but need to bulk up. Will be good in future years but unfortunately, we need it now

1 minute ago, Kentmick said:

I will say this. Giving Frost 4 years of losing seasons actually makes us more attractive to potential head coaches after we have fired coaches with 9 win seasons or coaches having decent years but then had one down season in the past.

It would be the right time to pursue the Nebraska job.

However, after the insane coaching searches and disappointments, if Trev doesn't have "the guy", then endure the unendurable and eat another year of this mess. (Don't shoot me)

Another year of Frost would either give him time to make this work or it would cement his failure for everyone to see.

It would save us $5 million.

It may make us a more attractive option for better coaches, since we're clearly firing a guy who can't figure it out.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Definitely will define the season. This is still a winnable game - we have the personnel to do it. It's the mentality, and the coaching, that are holding us back.

Whatever we've been doing on defense, we need to scrap. Hasn't worked AT ALL, and it's making Morgan look good. like an all american

FIFY

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Our offensive scheme is so wildly inconsistent. It's impossible to be successful on a regular basis with this scheme

For a change, I don't mind our O scheme. Execution has certainly been a problem at times.

Defensively, I have no idea what the game plan is. Minnesota does the same thing every game, every year, yet where other teams can stop it, it consistently befuddles the Huskers, especially when they play there.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't understand how frost allows This to happen. So much momentum after the strong showings against OU & Michigan, and then we come out flatter than Keira Knightly

I’m sure he isn’t pleased either. Hopefully he has a Pelini-like halftime speech and not an Osborne approach… need the guys to play with some fire.

Just now, knapplc said:

Another year of Frost would either give him time to make this work or it would cement his failure for everyone to see.

It would save us $5 million.

It may make us a more attractive option for better coaches, since we're clearly firing a guy who can't figure it out.

Exactly. Our handling of coaches since Solich being fired made us an easy "No" for any self respecting coach.

Giving Frost every chance to figure it out and 4-5 years to do it shows everyone that we have learned from the past and will give whoever the patience and every opportunity.

Go to Japan, find the Sumo wrestlers that just don’t make the sport and recruit them for the OLine. Stars don’t matter for the line, you need size and the mentally that you refuse to let the other guy beat you. You take pride in physically dominating the other person and take shame in not beating them.

• Plus1 1