*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Or competent QB play.  I mean all game long even the announcers were saying how bad AM is decision making. Hard to win games and call plays will that type of QB play and field goal kicking. 

While I agree AM is extremely inept, let's not act like he has been consistanty put in positions to be comfortable and successful.  He is not a pocket passer (obviously) and looks far more natural when he's in a moved pocket.   Yet, the amount of rollouts called for the kid are called all the time right?????  THIS STAFF HAS CONTINUED TO FAIL ITS PLAYERS BY NOT PLAYING TO SAID PLAYERS STRENGTHS.

• Plus1 3
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

While I agree AM is extremely inept, let's not act like he has been consistanty put in positions to be comfortable and successful.  He is not a pocket passer (obviously) and looks far more natural when he's in a moved pocket.   Yet, the amount of rollouts called for the kid are called all the time right?????  THIS STAFF HAS CONTINUED TO FAIL ITS PLAYERS BY NOT PLAYING TO SAID PLAYERS STRENGTHS.

Exactly.

We had success on the goal line with that spread formation. What happened to that the rest of the game?

This staff constantly puts the players in disadvantageous positions.

• Haha 1

Soooo….we miss a PAT; miss a chip shot FG from straight on; give up another ridiculous safety.  That is 6 free points.  So instead of being down 30-16 on our last drive, it could have been 28-20.  We could have been going for 2 to tie at the end.  

Not to mention 1st and goal inside the 5 and coming away with nothing.  Not to mention a false start on 3rd and 5 at the 25 yard line down 5 points in the 4th quarter.

We just give games away.  This was another 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Husker4Real said:

Soooo….we miss a PAT; miss a chip shot FG from straight on; give up another ridiculous safety.  That is 6 free points.  So instead of being down 30-16 on our last drive, it could have been 28-20.  We could have been going for 2 to tie at the end.  

Not to mention 1st and goal inside the 5 and coming away with nothing.  Not to mention a false start on 3rd and 5 at the 25 yard line down 5 points in the 4th quarter.

We just give games away.  This was another 

He wasn't the only reason for the loss today, but going forward the rest of this season Nebraska abosolutely has to find a different kicker than Conner Culp.

• Plus1 1

Its time to hit the reset button.  WE better see some roster moves.  Yant deserves better.  Manning deserves better.  Betts deserves better.  OUR DEFENSE , wow, they are giving all they have right now.   Our tight ends deserve better. 

I don't see us making a bowl game now.  I am ok with shaking things up.  I am ok with doing things differently.  This roster isnt good enough to win right now, why in the world would it be any better next season.  I don't know why we are not recruiting more top end talent for next season.  Were content with keeping the same players for one more season.  Just doesn't make sense.

From a final score point, yes it looks like old Scotty came up short again in a one score game.  BUT no one should excuse a total dog crap plan and performance in the first half once again.  Maybe the one loss page could be turned if there is some sign of life shown by the offensive guru in the first 30 minutes of a game

• Thanks 1
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

From a final score point, yes it looks like old Scotty came up short again in a one score game.  BUT no one should excuse a total dog crap plan and performance in the first half once again.  Maybe the one loss page could be turned if there is some sign of life shown by the offensive guru in the first 30 minutes of a game

Should have scored at least 35. Offense has been so frustrating to watch

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Its time to hit the reset button.  WE better see some roster moves.  Yant deserves better.  Manning deserves better.  Betts deserves better.  OUR DEFENSE , wow, they are giving all they have right now.   Our tight ends deserve better. 

I don't see us making a bowl game now.  I am ok with shaking things up.  I am ok with doing things differently.  This roster isnt good enough to win right now, why in the world would it be any better next season.  I don't know why we are not recruiting more top end talent for next season.  Were content with keeping the same players for one more season.  Just doesn't make sense.

How did the defense give there all?