*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

If as an offense, I can't gain one inch on 2 plays, then I am blowing stuff up.  I don't care.  Either new lineman or different QB or different style ( no more shotgun).  Why are we just content with our current play on O-lline.  I would play all freshmen at this point !  That lost the game.  WE did not need a kicker to win this game.  We needed an offense.  We needed play calling.......we needed basic football to take over once.  If our offense can't gain short yardage, we can't win in the Big 10.  We don't belong. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, The Duke said:

Thank you. That's actually a much better word for where this Nebraska program and it's fans are at.

We're just numb to it all anymore.

Moving forward, it’s operation Reclaim my Saturdays. I said it after the Michigan state game that they had one more of these unfocused losses for me to be done. So, at this point, I’m reclaiming my Saturdays. I love the team, but I’m not that much of a glutton for punishment. I stopped watching at halftime cos I knew it was just that type of game. Coaching and preparing with hubris on offence. 

When a defense gives its offense short fields, 2 INT's, and we can't muster a single touchdown, then yeah, our defense can't do anymore.  First half was a bad defensive half, but we were still in the game.  They came out at half and made some adjustments, they  got stopps, they gave us turnovers.  The offense did not provide any spark.  WE had to know that at some point our Defense would not show up for whole game or half.  This has been coming.  We blew to many chnace this season already. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

If as an offense, I can't gain one inch on 2 plays, then I am blowing stuff up.  I don't care.  Either new lineman or different QB or different style ( no more shotgun).  Why are we just content with our current play on O-lline.  I would play all freshmen at this point !  That lost the game.  WE did not need a kicker to win this game.  We needed an offense.  We needed play calling.......we needed basic football to take over once.  If our offense can't gain short yardage, we can't win in the Big 10.  We don't belong. 

We did that. Played the freshmen. They played better, then got hurt, so we are back to craptastic oline play. The ones that are craptastic are also the ones drawing all the penalties so they hurt us with poor play and penalty yards 

17 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Adrian had another shot at a game winning drive. He failed,  he failed against Michigan,  he failed against Michigan state.   He is awful when you need your leader to be their best.  

Sure he did.  He didn’t gave a good game. 

But, WRs dropped balls on the first drive. 

Defense gave up 21 in first half. 

Yant trips and doesn’t get the TD.  Should have been an easy TD. 

Missed 4 points in kicks. 

Benhart got beat on the safety. 

Adrian didn’t win the game at the end.  But, this was a team loss.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

When a defense gives its offense short fields, 2 INT's, and we can't muster a single touchdown, then yeah, our defense can't do anymore.  First half was a bad defensive half, but we were still in the game.  They came out at half and made some adjustments, they  got stopps, they gave us turnovers.  The offense did not provide any spark.  WE had to know that at some point our Defense would not show up for whole game or half.  This has been coming.  We blew to many chnace this season already. 

One int was a touch back, so 25 yard line, the 2ndnwe got a td on. We didn't ever really have a super short field.

• Plus1 1