*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

This team reminds me of 2017 right now.  It almost looks like our players have quit.  Plain just quit.....so far.

If we don't start recruiting Big 10 athletes on both sides of the ball we won't sustain any level of success.  Mainly we are not getting lineman on either side of the ball.  We have to get offensive lineman.  WE don't compare to other Big 10 teams up front.  WE all know that in the 80's and 90's we had nothing if not for offensive and defensive lines.  Until we get better up front, we will not compete week in and week out.

Just now, Wistrom Disciple said:

First drive coming out of the half feels like it will determine the rest of the game (and season?). Defense needs to wake up as they haven’t done anything noteworthy in the first half, zero inspiration.

Definitely will define the season. This is still a winnable game - we have the personnel to do it. It's the mentality, and the coaching, that are holding us back.

Whatever we've been doing on defense, we need to scrap. Hasn't worked AT ALL, and it's making Morgan look good.

• Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I highly doubt he'd come here.

I will say this. Giving Frost 4 years of losing seasons actually makes us more attractive to potential head coaches after we have fired coaches with 9 win seasons or coaches having decent years but then had one down season in the past.

It would be the right time to pursue the Nebraska job.

However, after the insane coaching searches and disappointments, if Trev doesn't have "the guy", then endure the unendurable and eat another year of this mess. (Don't shoot me)