bye week upcoming

fall break

11 am game

3 out of the past 4 against top 10 teams

away game

smacked in the mouth on first drive

several 50/50 calls going against them

a lot of reasons a mentally weak team will lose this game

the question is do they allow that to define them in the 2nd half or come out and play like they did the last 4 games. 

we will see

• Plus1 1
Just now, blueeyescasper2022 said:

umm Osbourne had a good aproach

Yeah he took care of business in the first half so he didn’t have to give a rah rah fire you up halftime speech. 

Just now, soup said:

8 straight weeks of play. 
bye week upcoming

fall break

11 am game

3 out of the past 4 against top 10 teams

away game

smacked in the mouth on first drive

several 50/50 calls going against them

a lot of reasons a mentally weak team will lose this game

the question is do they allow that to define them in the 2nd half or come out and play like they did the last 4 games. 

we will see

Great list of excuses. This maybe flies in year one, but my God, year 4 we should not be making this list especially after our multiple already moral victories this year.

What do we know at this point?  ARe we sure that Michigan St and Michigan are top 10 teams?  Are we sure that OU is a top 5 team?  I am wondering if we really have turned the corner?  Minnesota is bigger up front than anyone else we have played so far.  They bullying us all over the field.  We look like a Jr high team at this moment.  Whats worse is that we are allowing ourselves to play down to this level on both sides of the ball. 

Just now, BoNeyard said:

Yeah he took care of business in the first half so he didn’t have to give a rah rah fire you up halftime speech. 

Osborne had an interesting stat if I remember right. Points spiked in the third quarter. This would be due to depth, conditioning, but mainly adjustments.

Beat the s#!t out of them in the first half, put your foot in their neck in the 3rd.

• Fire 1
Just now, Nebhawk said:

What do we know at this point?  ARe we sure that Michigan St and Michigan are top 10 teams?  Are we sure that OU is a top 5 team?  I am wondering if we really have turned the corner?  Minnesota is bigger up front than anyone else we have played so far.  They bullying us all over the field.  We look like a Jr high team at this moment.  Whats worse is that we are allowing ourselves to play down to this level on both sides of the ball. 

Sparty is down 9-6 to Indiana at halftime.

• Plus1 1

Minnesota didn't do anything fancy in that first half.

All they did was:

• Pound the rock (Because they have the bigger offensive line)
  • Use Curl-Flat passing concepts when Nebraska's Defense ran Cover 3. (When our CB's would bail to the deep third the Curl route was right there for the taking)
  • Use Quick Slants and Fade passing concepts when Nebraska went to Man Defense.

It's been nothing fancy. We've just been outcoached and outplayed.

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't understand how frost allows This to happen. So much momentum after the strong showings against OU & Michigan, and then we come out flatter than Keira Knightly

I wish we were Kiera Knightly we'd have a winning record atleast. Not playoff contending but very respectable 

• Haha 1