Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

3. He's sketchy as f* 

Just gonna highlight this point.  Apparently sketchy AF coaches appear to be successful in this day and age and the NCAA doesn't overly seem to care.  SO I would love a sketchy AF coach.  Nebraska fans need to get off the high horse and quit the thinking that coaches like that have no right to coach here.  Hell, the crap that went on in the glory days should should be reason enough to accept a "bad boy" coach

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Just gonna highlight this point.  Apparently sketchy AF coaches appear to be successful in this day and age and the NCAA doesn't overly seem to care.  SO I would love a sketchy AF coach.  Nebraska fans need to get off the high horse and quit the thinking that coaches like that have no right to coach here.  Hell, the crap that went on in the glory days should should be reason enough to accept a "bad boy" coach

We slammed our hand in the car door before, so let's do it again?

You first.

I mean... if we're getting off "high horses," let's just accept that we're a losing program and embrace the suck.

Let's not get on the high horse of thinking we should be winning. Screw that. Let's just lose and accept it.

21 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Historical program playing in one of the worst divisions in CFB. You think he is losing to Illinois and Minny? I bet he knocks off a top 10 team to boot. Best way to get back to 7-8 wins and bring in recruits. Our recruiting class is not strong this year so no worries we are going to lose recruits if Frost leaves!  Crazy but that’s where we are at. No thanks if we are going for another young coach. Frost benefited playing backyard football with the best recruits in a non power 5. He tried it here, it’s not working and we lost the key pieces that would have made it work. We need to build depth, fire, and competitiveness. This team looks around like when is Adrian going to make a play.  Move on and re-enter the world of college football.

can't agree more the whole post but especially the bolded part.

we suck at what you need to win in the Big 10, smart consistent line play and not making mistakes.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We slammed our hand in the car door before, so let's do it again?

You first.

I mean... if we're getting off "high horses," let's just accept that we're a losing program and embrace the suck.

Let's not get on the high horse of thinking we should be winning. Screw that. Let's just lose and accept it.

Talking the moral high horse here knapp.

It's a point to those that look at any coach with any kind of a checkered past whether it's shady recruiting, being a miserable person, "covering up allegations"(which can probably be said about at least 75% of all coaches), etc that think NU is better than that.  I mean for the love of god, TO walks on water as a coach and yet his reputation outside of this state is not that as a true saint.  That is my point and if takes a sleezebag coach to come in here and make Saturdays enjoyable and something to look forward to verses the current state, by all means sign me up 

• Fire 1
30 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Changing the offensive staff wouldn't change, the confusing WR rotation, why we don't consistently target our draftable TEs (10-20 times a game), why it takes multiple games to find our starting RB, and most importantly the playcalling.

Love Chins and the defensive staff but it's time to cleanhouse.

That why Frost would be HC only.  No other duties.  OC calls plays/personnel.  Our WR rotation kills me.  The complete lack of playing 12 personnel as our base is mind boggling.  Held should return his salary.

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Talking the moral high horse here knapp.

It's a point to those that look at any coach with any kind of a checkered past whether it's shady recruiting, being a miserable person, "covering up allegations"(which can probably be said about at least 75% of all coaches), etc that think NU is better than that.  I mean for the love of god, TO walks on water as a coach and yet his reputation outside of this state is not that as a true saint.  That is my point and if takes a sleezebag coach to come in here and make Saturdays enjoyable and something to look forward to verses the current state, by all means sign me up 

There's shady and there's shady. We're talking about rape here, man. And it's a known thing, so we'd be walking into it eyes wide open.

I think we can hire someone without that over baggage without appearing snooty about it, can't we?

• Plus1 2
Just now, knapplc said:

There's shady and there's shady. We're talking about rape here, man. And it's a known thing, so we'd be walking into it eyes wide open.

I think we can hire someone without that over baggage without appearing snooty about it, can't we?

if there would have been social media in the 90s, we would have been miami west.....

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I mean it was the first thing the media brought up when Riley was hired here right?????

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic