Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

5 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I can overlook recruiting violations and the like, but enabling a culture of sexual assault and covering up rape and sexual assault?  No thank you. 

agree wt you an Knapp on that one.  We have to have some standards and win in a right way. 

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wouldn't be a bad choice in my opinion.  He knows the region, his offenses at Cincy seem to be good, even though he's a defensive guy.  I don't know a ton about Fickle, but he seems to be a more CEO type guy rather than just focus on one side of the ball. 

He beat Norte Dame.  We beat Fordham.  

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

If not Chins, Kalen DeBoer- Fresno State HC. Has experience in the BIG (former Indiana HC) or, Aranda from Baylor, but he ain't coming cheap.

He was the OC not HC.  He'd be best known in these parts as the head coach of the NAIA dynasty that was SIoux Falls.  67-3 there with as many National Titles as losses.  Was their OC when I played at Doane.   

9 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Both, 1. he'd never do it ko matter how much green we throw at him. 2. Being desperate and chasing him will only make us look worse if he says no. 3. He's sketchy as f* 

I don't see him taking the job either but if Trev has any sense he's contacting Urban or any other prospect through back-channels rather than potentially getting shot-down in public. 

On 10/16/2021 at 8:25 PM, Stumpy1 said:

It's amazing what happens when you work for a coach like Saban.  He seems to be able to take these "troubled" coaches and kind of make them new again.  

He's not so troubled, was doing fine as HC for the Texans before trying and failing to be GM too. Do like that he's working for Saban either way, dude knows how to run a program. 

If Frost does get canned he'd be a perfect candidate for Saban's coach rehab. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic