Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

Whoever Nebraska could hire next, there are a couple things Frost has done well that will help out the next coach.

1. Our physical team strength has improved over the prior 4 seasons. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the mental strength/toughness of this team.

2.  Frost has had continuous top 25 recruiting classes though I realize this years class is not doing as well yet.

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Whoever Nebraska could hire next, there are a couple things Frost has done well that will help out the next coach.

1. Our physical team strength has improved over the prior 4 seasons. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the mental strength/toughness of this team.

2.  Frost has had continuous top 25 recruiting classes though I realize this years class is not doing as well yet.

Lol no you just got your stuff pushed in by Minnesota.  We aren't stronger then anyone.

• Thanks 1
Just now, KingBlank said:

Lol no you just got your stuff pushed in by Minnesota.  We aren't stronger then anyone.

It still has room for improvement but take a look at our 2018 game vs Michigan vs last week. 

As for Minnesota, when the team finally woke up in the 2nd half they moved the ball fairly well but did not score enough as we are used to seeing.

Do you really think the physical strength of the 2021 team is not better than the 2018 team?

Mel Tucker and its not even close

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

It still has room for improvement but take a look at our 2018 game vs Michigan vs last week. 

As for Minnesota, when the team finally woke up in the 2nd half they moved the ball fairly well but did not score enough as we are used to seeing.

Do you really think the physical strength of the 2021 team is not better than the 2018 team?

Nope

• Haha 5
  • Fire 1

They need someone that will bring toughness back to Husker Football.  They need someone who will hold the kids accountable.  They need someone who can develop players.  We need someone who can get this team to 6 wins, then 8 wins and then to 10+.

I don't care who this is, but for the love of god, find the right person.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Vernables

Top 5 scoring defense and top 15 in yards per play? Venables is still a stud; not sure if he would come here though.

I’ll get crapped on for this but one of my first calls would be Bill O’Brien. 8-4 (6-2), 7-5 (4-4), multiple wins over top 20 teams - all after getting hit with a bowl ban, scholarship limitations, and having 15 dudes transfer the summer before the season. NFL ties will be huge for recruiting. No nonsense style wore thin on NFL locker room, but like Saban I think it translates much better to college kids. 

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Couldn't Frost have made some decisions after a 3rd losing season last year to improve his staff? Shouldn't any CEO continually look to improve talent on their team in all aspects? Isn't that what successful people do? You either have "it" or you don't as a P5 HC. Frost doesn't have it at this point. Maybe he'll be rebound guy and in another decade it all comes together. 

I agree that any assistant changes that may happen are a year too late.   I can't remember where I heard or read it, but IIRC, Frost sought advice from Mike Tomlin (not 100% sure it was him) about staff changes/firing coaches after last season and Tomlin recommended keeping the staff together.  

10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree that any assistant changes that may happen are a year too late.   I can't remember where I heard or read it, but IIRC, Frost sought advice from Mike Tomlin (not 100% sure it was him) about staff changes/firing coaches after last season and Tomlin recommended keeping the staff together.  

I'd love to see where you heard that. He should of called Saban and asked. 

34 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Our 2 best P5 wins came in Frosts 1st year...

• Plus1 2
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic