Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

7 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

As I have stated before, and assuming the fanbase is prepared to overlook past conduct (both professional and personal), the best available coach in my opinion would be Hugh Freeze at Liberty.  

Freeze and Liberty play his previous employer (Ole Miss) later this year so keep an eye on that game.  

November, 2022 will be here before you know it...

Didn't he pass on the Huskers before Pedey settled for Callahan?

11 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Didn't he pass on the Huskers before Pedey settled for Callahan?

Since Coach Freeze was at Briarcrest Chistian School in Memphis until 2004 (high school), I doubt he was offered any FBS head coaching jobs in late 2002 (when Coach Solich was terminated).  

He only joined the Ole Miss staff as an assistant in 2004.  

5 minutes ago, Fru said:

Fickell is probably the only option that would have me excited. The idea of bringing in a no name up and comer and watching him take 3 years to recruit his guys, install his system and learn what the B1G is all about sounds absolutely dreadful. 

You are underestimating what some coaches can do. I would expect to win more than we lose in year 1 with a coach like Chadwell, Kiffin etc. The transfer portal is great for new coaches. 

4 minutes ago, Fru said:

Fickell is probably the only option that would have me excited. The idea of bringing in a no name up and comer and watching him take 3 years to recruit his guys, install his system and learn what the B1G is all about sounds absolutely dreadful. 

I agree with all that.  There isn't any Coaches out there right now that have me exited except Saban or Meyer and neither are available or coming to NU lol. So ill sit around and hope Frost just brings in some better Coordinators and we turn the corner.

• Plus1 1

I get these types of exercises are fun after yet another debacle but there's no way frosty is getting the axe this year at this point unless we end the year getting blown out 56-10 every week

Staff changes will surely be mandated and I think we can all rattle off 3-4 needed changes that are imperative they take place (Austin, Verduzco).  But SF being one of them to change just doesn't seem realistic to me 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

I agree with all that.  There isn't any Coaches out there right now that have me exited except Saban or Meyer and neither are available or coming to NU lol. So ill sit around and hope Frost just brings in some better Coordinators and we turn the corner.

Michigan looked like a shell of itself in 2020. They revamped the staff and it’s obviously paid dividends this year. A scenario like that seems more digestible to me right now than blowing it up and starting over.

1 minute ago, Fru said:

Michigan looked like a shell of itself in 2020. They revamped the staff and it’s obviously paid dividends this year. A scenario like that seems more digestible to me right now than blowing it up and starting over.

Although I don't take how any team looked in 2020 to heart I agree. Revamped staff and a change in offensive philosophy would do alot for Neb. 

6 minutes ago, Fru said:

Michigan also had 3 10 win seasons, a 9 win season and an 8 win season before going 2-4 last year. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I get these types of exercises are fun after yet another debacle but there's no way frosty is getting the axe this year at this point unless we end the year getting blown out 56-10 every week

Staff changes will surely be mandated and I think we can all rattle off 3-4 needed changes that are imperative they take place (Austin, Verduzco).  But SF being one of them to change just doesn't seem realistic to me 

Just my take, but Trev’s public chumminess with Scott seems to indicate he’ll be retained. Trev has also alluded to the Athletic Department having some seemingly internal toxic issues, which would indicate he’s willing to give Scott the benefit of the doubt and retain him for a season where the AD is running more efficiently. 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Michigan also had 3 10 win seasons, a 9 win season and an 8 win season before going 2-4 last year. 

Good point. 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:30 AM, Danimal said:

He's not so troubled, was doing fine as HC for the Texans before trying and failing to be GM too, but I'd be great with Saban's current OC Bill O'Brien. 

If Frost does get canned he'd be a perfect candidate for Saban's coach rehab. 

You should be banned for life!!!  

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Fru said:

Just my take, but Trev’s public chumminess with Scott seems to indicate he’ll be retained. Trev has also alluded to the Athletic Department having some seemingly internal toxic issues, which would indicate he’s willing to give Scott the benefit of the doubt and retain him for a season where the AD is running more efficiently. 

Good point. 

I anticipate Frost will be back next year. I don't agree with it because with an easier schedule he has a better chance at getting to 6 wins with a schedule he should get to 10 wins with. This will show "improvement" and let Frost go another year. History tells me he will stick around that 4 to 5 win that he has shown to do every year while here. 

• Plus1 2
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic