Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

On 10/19/2021 at 1:40 AM, chamrocck said:

I’m going to add another name that could sneak up, Mario Cristobal. He seems like a Big 10 fit. His offense is built around the offense line in which he takes pride. His teams are physical, he recruits well, he would run to set up the pass. Has a competitiveness swagger that we frankly need back.

Don’t overlook him. He remembers when we were good. I think he has more of an old school feel that fits the Big 10 and wanting to play OSU, Michigan, Penn State.

Cristobal has Oregon rolling right now, a program easier to recruit to and with a much easier path to championships, and makes almost the same as Frost. Why would he want to come here? 

He's also from Miami, played for Miami, and coached Miami. He probably doesn't like us at all :lol:

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Are there any NFL Coaches not named Urban who may be better suited for the college game.  Thinking how Nick Saban failed at Miami - came back to the college level and the rest is history. I wonder if Zac Taylor would be interested in coming home?   His Bengals are doing well so far this year - so maybe he wants to prove himself at that level. I remember him as a hard nose, very competitive QB.  He paid his due as an assistant coach on the college and pro level before getting the opportunity at Cinci.

Eric Bieniemy

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

Man, that would take some swallowing of pride....Former Colorado Buffalo and all....But dude can coach.

Pride. What pride.  Do we have any left?   Time to get a real 'ball coach' in here and get this thing turned around. 

according to this page - he is a name that pops up for just about any openings in the NFL.  He'd be a great one for NFL dreaming recruits 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Eric+Bieniemy&form=ANNH01&refig=979e4d2f7ff446128825287764bb2e5d

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Pride. What pride.  Do we have any left?   Time to get a real 'ball coach' in here and get this thing turned around. 

according to this page - he is a name that pops up for just about any openings in the NFL.  He'd be a great one for NFL dreaming recruits 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Eric+Bieniemy&form=ANNH01&refig=979e4d2f7ff446128825287764bb2e5d

It would be Bieniemy swallowing his pride to come here.  Not the other way around.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Cristobal has Oregon rolling right now, a program easier to recruit to and with a much easier path to championships, and makes almost the same as Frost. Why would he want to come here? 

He's also from Miami, played for Miami, and coached Miami. He probably doesn't like us at all :lol:

I see many people shooting low. Quotes like “why would they want to come?”. Ok we just killed the sale and our standards only get lower. If that’s the case then roll with Frost but let’s at least try. We have money and whoever rebuilds this thing is going to be a college football legend. Win the PAC 12,  meh.  

USC is already floating Cristobal. Reminds me of Petersen years ago that he’ll never leave Boise St, and then he did. I am not saying we will land Cristobal but we have to have a list and vet it. If we knock the best names off the list before we start then what are we even trying to accomplish? If we get no’s then I would pull in Tom Herman as OC as next best option. Knows the BIG, knows offense. Chin stays with his defense continuity.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic