Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

22 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I see many people shooting low. Quotes like “why would they want to come?”. Ok we just killed the sale and our standards only get lower. If that’s the case then roll with Frost but let’s at least try. We have money and whoever rebuilds this thing is going to be a college football legend. Win the PAC 12,  meh.  

USC is already floating Cristobal. Reminds me of Petersen years ago that he’ll never leave Boise St, and then he did. I am not saying we will land Cristobal but we have to have a list and vet it. If we knock the best names off the list before we start then what are we even trying to accomplish? If we get no’s then I would pull in Tom Herman as OC as next best option. Knows the BIG, knows offense. Chin stays with his defense continuity.

Don't know why people are saying Herman for just the OC. His record at Texas is looking pretty damn good right now.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I see many people shooting low. Quotes like “why would they want to come?”. Ok we just killed the sale and our standards only get lower. If that’s the case then roll with Frost but let’s at least try. We have money and whoever rebuilds this thing is going to be a college football legend. Win the PAC 12,  meh.  

USC is already floating Cristobal. Reminds me of Petersen years ago that he’ll never leave Boise St, and then he did. I am not saying we will land Cristobal but we have to have a list and vet it. If we knock the best names off the list before we start then what are we even trying to accomplish? If we get no’s then I would pull in Tom Herman as OC as next best option. Knows the BIG, knows offense. Chin stays with his defense continuity.

My take on all of this is if we hire a coach that sucks, what is he going to do? Lead us to multiple losing seasons? Wow that sounds similar. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

New coach of the Raiders

He may be the next coach of the Raiders, but I am not completely sold on him.  Several recent KC Offensive Coordinators have moved on with limited success (Doug Pederson - Eagles and Matt Nagy - Bears).  Pederson had the lone Super Bowl season and then was very quickly ushered out.  Nagy has struggled in Chicago.

Make no mistake, Andy Reid remains the force behind the offensive playcalling in Kansas City.

23 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Guy is retired and battling some serious health issues right now.  Turning around this sinking ship probably not the best for either sides

So what's the health issues wt Richt?  I've always like him.  He was basically one play away from playing and most likely winning the NC at Georgia one year. 

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So if he is blown away by App St - who is your # 2 guy?

I would take Kiffin in a heartbeat. I also wouldnt be opposed to a list of different coordinators as well. People have this list of oh need all this time as a HC etc. You don't you just need to find the right guy. Arkansas took Georgia's OL coach and he has turned it around quick to make them respectable etc. You just have to find the guy. He is out there somewhere. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I would take Kiffin in a heartbeat. I also wouldnt be opposed to a list of different coordinators as well. People have this list of oh need all this time as a HC etc. You don't you just need to find the right guy. Arkansas took Georgia's OL coach and he has turned it around quick to make them respectable etc. You just have to find the guy. He is out there somewhere. 

Kiffin would be interesting and I think provoke recruiting interest as well.  But why would he leave the SEC Royal Football Kingdom?

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic