Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Kiffin would be interesting and I think provoke recruiting interest as well.  But why would he leave the SEC Royal Football Kingdom?

Look at your path to glory. Would you rather have to go through the B1G West or the SEC West? Iowa or Alabama? Wisconsin or LSU? Minnesota or Auburn? Purdue or Texas A&M? etc. I also kind of like how he was born in Lincoln. It would basically be the Hoiberg story but with football haha 

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Quit teasing me....

In his time there he has also produced two defensive AA's and 2 freshman AA's.....

I love this quote.....

During that 3-9 season, Chadwell thought: “There’s the bottom floor, the foundation. You’ve got to start building it from there.

Waiting for us to start building ours....We have been on the bottom floor for some time,

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Jim Leonhard would be a good choice if we were going the Coordinator route. Dude can build a B1G defense and doesn't need the blue chip talent to do it. Pair him with a competent OC and look out. Another benefit would be, it could possibly tank Wisconsin too. Bad news is he would leave for Wisconsin if and when that job opened up. 

I wonder if Leipold is ready to leave Kansas yet? haha 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

I would put Stoops in the category of very unlikely. I do think Matt Campbell would still be good to consider despite ISU only being 3-2 now.  He has at least shown he can have some very good seasons as the head coach of a P5 program and they have beaten some good teams during his tenure. With the Big 12 going down the tubes, he may want to move to another conference.

There is no way we are getting a coach like him. We are gonna have to settle for an up and coming coordinator. The position is no longer a relevant one. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

Don't know why people are saying Herman for just the OC. His record at Texas is looking pretty damn good right now.

Herman is basically sitting on the sidelines right now. Pluck him now before he gets offered a head coaching job. He can help with recruiting this year also before it’s too late. Allows Frost to stay but improves the staff which is like a win-win compromise for both sides.

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

My take on all of this is if we hire a coach that sucks, what is he going to do? Lead us to multiple losing seasons? Wow that sounds similar. 

Exactly, we have to aim high. If we can’t land our big guy, then Frost stays but upgrade staff with the likes of Herman.

If Herman succeeds at OC, yes we probably lose him down the line. But it would be attractive to him because he gets back in the BIG and likely gets a head coaching job in the BIG if he shows he was a major part of bringing Nebraska’s offense back to life. Frost weathers the storm and improves. Everyone wins. 

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic