Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

33 minutes ago, jackattack030 said:

Lsu offensive coordinator jake peetz as RB coach (Nebraska graduate)

Mike Joseph as WR coach 

Doug Colman special teams coach (now with browns as special teams assistant) 

that improves coaching, team, and recruiting 

I do like the idea of Peetz, even as OC... also would like to see Corey Raymond return. Do you mean Mickey Joseph as WR coach? 

4 hours ago, chamrocck said:

If Herman succeeds at OC, yes we probably lose him down the line. But it would be attractive to him because he gets back in the BIG and likely gets a head coaching job in the BIG if he shows he was a major part of bringing Nebraska’s offense back to life. Frost weathers the storm and improves. Everyone wins. 

No way Frost's ego allows him to have Herman come run his offense. No way Herman's ego allows him to come work under Frost. Herman would consider the HC gig, that's about the only way we see him in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 6

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I do like the idea of Peetz, even as OC... also would like to see Corey Raymond return. Do you mean Mickey Joseph as WR coach? 

Ya first thought was OC but was trying to show he can fit in as QB/OC or RB coach. Yes on Mickey Joseph As WR coach. Agree on Raymond. Point is we can upgrade assistants with just alumni and former coaches. 

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm saying just try someone else they can't do any worse. 

No you isnt. 

If you was just sayin that, you could have said it in less than 1000 posts ago, Sat night. And moved on.  We got lots of football ahead of us.  No mutiny needed.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
18 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I am 100% sure that there is 0% chance of Jamey Chadwell being head football coach at the University of Nebraska.

Yeah not sure what the gushing over him is all about. Would be an underwhelming choice IMO. Still think we need a big name to immediately improve recruiting over the next 4-5 years — like Gruden or something,  lol.

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No way Frost's ego allows him to have Herman come run his offense. No way Herman's ego allows him to come work under Frost. Herman would consider the HC gig, that's about the only way we see him in Lincoln. 

Well then if true that tells me a lot. If you’re not willing to bring in great coaches because your ego is fragile then  you aren’t winning. I liked Frost as the hire but the performance review is due and there’s a lot to be fixed. Frankly there are many that don’t want to fix it but instead move on to a new model. That may be the best way forward. Everyone knows the record. Have you seen our recruiting class? I’ve said it before. Do we want to play football at Nebraska or not?  History is littered with former great players that don’t cut it as coaches.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic