Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

6 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Because he lost a game?

we hired a coach that went undefeated.  It’s not going well.

I’m not saying Frost should stay but Chadwell is not the answer as there are better candidates if Frost is out. Coastal had 55 yards rushing last night. This is against App St, not OSU, Michigan, Iowa. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Those you listed either took over dominating programs with keys to the Ferrari, are top10 historical programs, or a G5 school. 

Sure...if you ignore all of the proven coaches who went on to fail spectacularly, and ignore the the first timers that don't fit this description :lol: That's not an exhaustive list, either.

4 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

We’ve tried many avenues, except for a proven P5 coach. If we’re going to cut loose from Frost, it wouldn’t make sense to repeat the same hiring practices. Go swing a huge c*** and bring in a legit coach. It makes no sense to give another coach a shot to learn on the fly or hire someone like Kiffin, without giving the same grace to allow Frost to develop as a coach. We know what we got when we hired him. 

If a specific proven P5 coach is the best candidate, then yeah, go get them. I'm not saying what to do, I'm only saying that previous head coaching experience has no barometer on future success, and that's born out by decades of results all across the cfb landscape. 

Not all "successful G5 coach with 2 years under his belt" candidates are the same. Not all "built up an under-resourced program" candidates are the same. Not all "elite coordinator at a big time school from an impressive coaching tree" candidates are the same.

Bo Pelini and Kirby Smart had very similar resumes before becoming head coaches - if Kirby Smart with his pre-Georgia resume was available this year, you wouldn't want to hire him because it would be repeating the same hiring practices that gave us Bo. 

5 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I’m not saying Frost should stay but Chadwell is not the answer as there are better candidates if Frost is out. Coastal had 55 yards rushing last night. This is against App St, not OSU, Michigan, Iowa. 

They had one bad game and that cancels him out? He runs the perfect offense for Nebraska. Truth be told, if we played App. State at their place we'd likely lose, too.

2 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

PRIME TIME BAYBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recruiting would go through the roof. 

I agree but I think he’s quietly being prepped to take over FSU as they seem to be where we were 3 1/2 years ago. Right now from the looks of it he’s enjoying his time at Jackson State but it won’t be long before a much better deal opens up for him. 

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Sure...if you ignore all of the proven coaches who went on to fail spectacularly, and ignore the the first timers that don't fit this description :lol: That's not an exhaustive list, either.

If a specific proven P5 coach is the best candidate, then yeah, go get them. I'm not saying what to do, I'm only saying that previous head coaching experience has no barometer on future success, and that's born out by decades of results all across the cfb landscape. 

Not all "successful G5 coach with 2 years under his belt" candidates are the same. Not all "built up an under-resourced program" candidates are the same. Not all "elite coordinator at a big time school from an impressive coaching tree" candidates are the same.

Bo Pelini and Kirby Smart had very similar resumes before becoming head coaches - if Kirby Smart with his pre-Georgia resume was available this year, you wouldn't want to hire him because it would be repeating the same hiring practices that gave us Bo. 

Maybe I miscommunicated my initial comment because you are arguing points that I’m not even making.

There are people opining for coaches who are exactly what we have now, had in Bo, and will happen again with another coordinator - Inexperience and inexperienced staff.

There are people suggesting coaches who have had the benefit of longevity to turn their career trajectory around.

The two things we haven’t done are; stick by a coach and support him while he develops, or find a proven winner. Why not afford Frost the same chance at NU - if we are throwing out names like Herman, Kiffin, Chadwell, or some hot coordinator?

I never stated, nor implied, that there is some recipe to finding a successful coach.

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

There are people suggesting coaches who have had the benefit of longevity to turn their career trajectory around.

The two things we haven’t done are; stick by a coach and support him while he develops, or find a proven winner. Why not afford Frost the same chance at NU - if we are throwing out names like Herman, Kiffin, Chadwell, or some hot coordinator?

First, I don't know how giving a coach 7 years, and NOT firing him after he dares the AD to fire him and he's caught on tape s#!tting all over the fanbase, can be construed as not sticking by a coach and supporting him while he develops. So, I think we have done that. 

Regardless, re: the bold, for how long? We've given Frost everything he could need for four years and we've gotten almost nowhere. I'm honestly asking because I don't have an opinion on if he should stay or not, but how long is long enough with little to no signs of improvement or upwards trajectory? 

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic