Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

11 hours ago, lo country said:

Saw this on the presser that NU is shutting down HS recruiting for 2022 and looking hard at the Juco ranks to fill the gaps...Great idea.  Think it will help tremendously.  However, a poster had mentioned was this also due to HS kids showing significantly less interest in NU, we are ranked liked 75th and 12th in the B1G and IIRC some local prospects have already passed on NU.....

Told my friend at Michigan game that when the 4 star players in Nebraska don't have Nebraska in top 5 (D. Woods/D. Jackson) then I knew Frost was really done. To win at Nebraska you need the top high school players in the state committed. 

• Plus1 5

9 hours ago, jackattack030 said:

Told my friend at Michigan game that when the 4 star players in Nebraska don't have Nebraska in top 5 (D. Woods/D. Jackson) then I knew Frost was really done. To win at Nebraska you need the top high school players in the state committed. 

Sad, but honest observation about the perceived trajectory of the program.  

• Plus1 3
20 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I named over half a dozen earlier in the thread. 

You're out of your mind if you think we're gonna land Cristobal or anyone remotely similar. Guys like Cristobal, Fickell, Meyer. etc. can pick and choose. Nebraska isn't exactly a top coaching destination anymore. Our recruiting disadvantages are obvious. Our best bets would be a guy like Petersen who maybe you could lure out of retirement for big $, a young up and comer like Chadwell looking to take the next step, or a guy looking bounce back, like Herman.

• Plus1 1

I know its been mentioned before, but if we are after a coach that spent time in Saban's program and with Dabo and has at least a few years delivering results as a head coach, Billy Napier seems to be a good target. I imagine he will land a P5 offer after the end of this season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Napier

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theadvertiser.com/amp/2804696001

• Plus1 2
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

I know its been mentioned before, but if we are after a coach that spent time in Saban's program and has at least a few years delivering results as a head coach, Billy Napier seems to be a good target. I imagine he will land a P5 offer after the end of this season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Napier

He's on LSU's short list

What is success? How is it measured for Nebraska?

Name me 5 coaches who had back-to-back success at 2 progams or more.

Not success at one place, and s#!tty at another, then eventually more success down the road at another spot.

BACK to BACK success at 2 schools.  Give me 5, 10 or 15 coaches who done that.  So we can then pick who's good. 

Or we can stay put and keep building towards a Big 10 'chip, one year at a time.  Patience and perseverance still means everything   :)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I can see why. I think he is going to make it big with his coaching background. He is also known to be a strong recruiter.  Unless Nebraska makes a move at the end of this season, he will be gone.

I'm sure with Nebraska's resources we could outbid LSU for a coach that currently coaches in Louisiana 

39 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm sure with Nebraska's resources we could outbid LSU for a coach that currently coaches in Louisiana 

but lsu has something nebraska doesn't, 4 and 5 star talent in their backyard, front yard, living room, kitchen, down the street and around the corner. that might be worth an extra million or two. remember frost almost stayed at ucf knowing he could recruit and still be home by dinner.

• Plus1 3

On 10/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, jackattack030 said:

Not to be the resident sunshine pumper but some of those guys had no interest in being here and would not be N if we were undefeated right now.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic