Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

5 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

We aren't switching from Frost this year unless we completely give up the last four games and barring some cowardly news drops like the media pulled on Pelini, Gruden, etc.  Some assistants are likely gone but Frost isn't.

Best to suck it up and move on. The fact that this thread is 29 pages is depressing.

I agree.  This is the most likely scenario.  And I don’t think this team will give up.   2-2.  Maybe 3-1 if they get a spark.  

Bowl game with good APR.  Some staff attrition and renewed optimism for 2022.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Frost is 1-10 against Purdue, Wisconsin, OSU, Iowa. So we could not give up and still finish the year 3-9. Which would mean Frost is gone. 

Even at 5-7 it would be hard to make the case to retain Frost. I really think the team needs to finish 3-1 for a valid case to be made he can survive one more season.

7 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

We aren't switching from Frost this year unless we completely give up the last four games and barring some cowardly news drops like the media pulled on Pelini, Gruden, etc.  Some assistants are likely gone but Frost isn't.

Best to suck it up and move on. The fact that this thread is 29 pages is depressing.

Its a slightly entertaining thread with the names being thrown out 

But yeah, nothing has changed about what Trev has said and Frost will be back next season.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

That is a novel thought. Frost hasn’t made any friends in the Big 10 front office 

Are you kidding? The BIG loves Frost. He has been the punching bag of the BIG. The BIG hates Nebraska ever since the 1997 championship. Frost and Riley have provided the BIG with what they wanted. A punching bag and an embarrassment to Nebraska. We have not beaten any BIG team consistently. Frost leaving is a loss for BIG teams since they have had his number. Until Frost can show he can beat BIG opponents consistently, the BIG is a Frostie fan. When was the last time we won three consecutive games against BIG teams? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

We either find a veteran coach who’s been fired or an up and comer. No way we get anyone besides that. I think if you read the tea leaves, NU tried to get the ISU AD (who declined of course) if he hadn’t, Matt Campbell would be our HC in 22’. Since we didn’t land the AD, my thinking is Campbell is on Trev’s shortlist right now.

5 minutes ago, FTW said:

We either find a veteran coach who’s been fired or an up and comer. No way we get anyone besides that. I think if you read the tea leaves, NU tried to get the ISU AD (who declined of course) if he hadn’t, Matt Campbell would be our HC in 22’. Since we didn’t land the AD, my thinking is Campbell is on Trev’s shortlist right now.

Campbell has been loyal to ISU, but I wonder if the crumbling of the Big 12 and the fact that ISU will always be ISU doesn’t make him a realistic target.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic