Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

Trying to look at the bright side.  Frost wants NU to succeed and appears to have a good relationship with TA.  Hopefully that means clear communication between everyone and a true desire to make the more than likely transition smooth as possible.

I just hope a lot of the young talent doesn’t start jumping ship if a coaching change is made.

19 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

If you think this place is struggling but your doing good at a place like cincinniti or iowa st, or hell wake forrest.  Why would you come here where it is a total rebuild.  Honestly offer it to chiander

WHAT?  Are you joking?  There are many coaches that could come into Nebraska and have some success quickly, especially given how the transfer portal can speed up the ability to produce immediate results.  

Additionally, the ONLY bright spot from Frost in his first 3 years is that he had 3 straight top 25 recruiting classes.  We have talent in the program, but inept coaching has not been able to maximize the talent.  A new guy that knows how to coach can utilize existing talent plus new talent from the transfer portal to finally make some improvements in the program.  

I know Stoops or Saban are unlikely, but I would start looking at the pool in the Big 12...a conference that is on the decline.  Matt Campbell or Dave Aranda could be options.  Fickle and Kiffin also would be good options but I think would be more difficult to land.

Of the coaches not in the P5, I really like Billy Napier who learned under both Saban and Dabo.  The guys has been a head coach longer than Frost so it's not as much risk as when we took Frost who had only 2 years as a HC.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic