Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

On 10/27/2021 at 9:08 AM, Decoy73 said:

Trev seems to be the type to let the entire season play out before deciding.  I’d bet he’d like to keep Frost, but if things go south, he’ll make a decision to do what needs to be done. A couple things he’s made abundantly clear are his fear of apathy and his belief that fan support is not to be taken for granted.  Anyone who feels confident they know now what Trev will do in regards to HCSF is kidding themselves IMO.  

Agree with this take. The TV announcer on the Purdue game said “I’ve never heard 90,000 people be THIS QUIET.” Nobody goes to a Husker game expecting to give away the 12th man advantage and that is PATHETIC. 

My biggest concern is that Frost is failing at multiple Head Coaching roles. Frost is the Peter Principle in action - people tend to be promoted to a level above their competence. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

You think Campbell would leave for this dumpster fire?   I'm pretty sure he's measuring Husker players for Cyclone uniforms right now and waiting for the transfer portal to open.  Fidone would look good in his system.

To be fair, Iowa state not looking all that great given the expectations coming into the year.

that Iowa letdown looks even worse now and he’s staring at a potential .500 season when ISU came in with top 10-15 expectations.

we’re definitely more of a dumpster fire for sure- but I grow tired of some the bullet proof Campbell hype when they’ve had their fair share of letdowns

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

You think Campbell would leave for this dumpster fire?   I'm pretty sure he's measuring Husker players for Cyclone uniforms right now and waiting for the transfer portal to open.  Fidone would look good in his system.

Campbell is at a prime point in his career to make a move, especially given the downturn of the Big 12 when OK and Texas leave.  If he is smart, he would actively be looking for other opportunities NOW and Nebraska has a lot to offer, including:

• Fan, facilities and the historical relevance of Nebraska
  • The ability to compete in the BIG which will continue to remain relevant in the college football world
  • The ability to lead a team in the BIG West which is one of the easiest divisions to navigate and still have a chance at the CFP
  • The ability to come into a program and be the savior if he can just go 6-6 in his first year
  • The fact that he is already familiar with recruiting in the region
38 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I get the feeling Penn State is going to offer truck loads of money to Campbell and Fickell and they're going to get one of them.

Well Trev better be working the phones now as LSU and USC have openings, and if Franklin goes to one of those schools then Penn State will have an opening.  The three hottest college coaches with proven experience this year will be Fickell, Campbell and Kiffin.  Kiffin to LSU and Fickell to PSU make sense from a regional perspective as does Campbell to Nebraska. :) 

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well Trev better be working the phones now as LSU and USC have openings, and if Franklin goes to one of those schools then Penn State will have an opening.  The three hottest college coaches with proven experience this year will be Fickell, Campbell and Kiffin.  Kiffin to LSU and Fickell to PSU make sense from a regional perspective as does Campbell to Nebraska. :) 

If I was Kiffin I'd rather be at NU than LSU. Look at the level of expectation and also your path to the playoffs. Kiffin would bring in top 15-20 classes and out talent the B1G West. 

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic