Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

I said it weeks ago and I’ll say it again. Bill O’Brien should get one of the first calls. He checks so many boxes. Won in the B1G. Won at a school on sanctions that experienced a mass exodus. Not a coach still learning the ropes. NFL connections that will help him recruit. Coaching connections that will allow him to build a competent staff. Not tied to a staff of beginners he feels the need to bring along. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Kiffin, who is under contract through 2024, is set to make $4.5 million in 2021 with a retention bonus of $500,000 if he is still Ole Miss' coach on Dec. 31. He will then make $5.25 million in 2022, $5.5 million in 2023 and $5.75 million in 2024. 

How much would we have to offer to even get him to look at us? 

Nebraska has the resources to pay 6-7M so it's possible. The problem is if Kiffin is willing to stay long term, or if he would bounce to a program with easier recruiting and lower expectations. 

I honestly do not see Kiffin working out at Nebraska. I believe that Campbell would be even more successful at Nebraska than he has been at Iowa. It is not that hard to dominate the WEST division in the BIG. It does not take much to make the BIG championship game. One can argue that we have more talent than any of the West teams yet we continue to get much less with much more talent. Martinez is talented but the coaches are not developing him and are not preparing him well. They want to make a pocket passer out of Martinez but we all know he is no pocket passer. He is best running the option and using his feet. Instead of developing that talent, they insist on transforming him into a pocket passer. A good coach would be able to turn things around very quickly especially given our easier schedule next year. All it takes is one good season for a coach to build on. Frost has had four horrible seasons and nothing to build on. We witnessed a mass exodus because of his stubbornness. Think about it, if you were a back up QB and the guy in front of you committed 4 INT in one game and the coach is still preferring him over you, wouldn’t you enter the transfer portal? What about Yant? The way Frost calls plays and insists on doing the same crap that gets us nowhere is the reason why good talent decides to move on. That is why our recruiting classes have been horrendous. A good coaching staff will be able to turn things around quickly. At this point, we cannot do worse than what we have. I would even consider giving Chinander a shot.

43 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With our recruiting disadvantages, it's gonna take a lot to make a guy leave a job in the South in the middle of a reciting hotbed. 

Fans want the option to return? Then Chadwell is the guy.

Fans also wanted Frost. What do us fans know :dunno

but I do like Chadwell’s offense :cheers

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I said it weeks ago and I’ll say it again. Bill O’Brien should get one of the first calls. He checks so many boxes. Won in the B1G. Won at a school on sanctions that experienced a mass exodus. Not a coach still learning the ropes. NFL connections that will help him recruit. Coaching connections that will allow him to build a competent staff. Not tied to a staff of beginners he feels the need to bring along. 

Callahan 2.0

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Some smoke on the 247 board about this. Of course it’s people with “inside info” but they think he may be the choice

10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They nothing in common except they both were NFL head coaches. 

They were both fired for doing and saying stupid things. At least Callahan led a team to the Super Bowl. O'Brien's claim to fame is trading away De'Andre Hopkins like an idiot. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

They were both fired for doing and saying stupid things. At least Callahan led a team to the Super Bowl. O'Brien's claim to fame is trading away De'Andre Hopkins like an idiot. 

Bad GM but Hopkins was gonna hold out and was bringing his baby mamas to the practice facility. NFL players don’t tolerate complete control, but it works in college. He also won 4 division titles, and back to back division titles with Hoyer and Oswieler as his QBs. Being fired from the NFL means nothing about success at the college level. He has flaws but like I said checks many boxes. We will not have our pick of the litter.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic