Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

25 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

Frost and Alberts have meetings every Sunday according to them. Trev has to be saying: "Dude you gotta give me SOMETHING here." I want Frost to be the guys so much, but it just seems like he is in over his head. Very sad times.

We can discuss the likelihood of these all day, but if you're Trev you have to make them say no: Chris Petersen and Bob Stoops.

Once they say no, I would go hard after Fickell, Campbell, and Clawson at WF. Clawson has been doing great things in a perennial bottom feeder program. I'm also very intrigued by Lanning at UGA and Freeman at ND. Both midwest guys who can seemingly recruit their tails off. 

I like Petersen, Stoops, Fickell and Campbell but am really struggling with some calling out Clawson.  Here are some stats on Clawson:

• In 5 years at Fordham he finished 29-29
  • In 4 years at Richmond he finished 29-20
  • In 5 years at Bowling Green he finished 32-31
  • Prior to this season, his record at Wake Forest was 40-45

I get that WF looks really good this season, but overall his head coaching record reminds me a lot of Mike Riley's...hovering around .500 or slightly above.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Right.

$5M+ Salary

Top notch facilities when current project is completed

Rabid fan base that still fills the 85k+ stadium every game even with 6 losing seasons the last 7 years

Full support of AD to be successful

11th nationally in recruiting spending which could be higher

So I guess no coach would come here with all that working against him. LOL

THIS.

Nebraska isnt the job it once was but it isnt a bad job.

Plenty of pieces here for someone to be successful. 

In the past I thought Nebraska fans werent patient but we have been plenty patient with Frost. He hasnt shown anything to give us hope.

I dont know who will come in here, but one thing I hope we can accept is it doesnt have to be someone with ties to this program. They dont need to know about things like the blackshirts. Let them  come in and re-invent if they need to. Just build a winner*.

*Win games you should, compete for Big west- Honestly my bar is so low, I just want this team to win 7+ games

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Kalen DeBoer (Fresno St HC) 

Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina HC)

Hugh Freeze (Liberty HC)

Tom Herman (former Texas HC now with the Chicago Bears)
Matt Campbell (Iowa St HC) 
Dave Aranda (Baylor HC) 
Dan Lanning (Georgia co-DC) 
Brent Venables (Clemson DC) 

I very much doubt Aranda is leaving Baylor for Lincoln.  It doesn't make much sense career wise.  Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin might be the choice if we are looking at Wisconsin DCs

18 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Right.

$5M+ Salary

Rabid fan base that still fills the 85k+ stadium every game even with 6 losing seasons the last 7 years

Excellent. Especially when job expectation is as follows:

Have a good attitude with team and fans. 

Need to win more than you lose.

Not get blown out.

Win the ones you are supposed to win. 

Make it to a bowl game. 

That right there gets a new coach at least $25+ million. (5 years at $5 per)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Right.

$5M+ Salary

"Who would come here", directly translates to "I don't want Frost fired, but have no real reason to support him staying".

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Excellent. Especially when job expectation is as follows:

Have a good attitude with team and fans. 

Need to win more than you lose.

Not get blown out.

Win the ones you are supposed to win. 

Make it to a bowl game. 

That right there gets a new coach at least $25+ million. (5 years at $5 per)

Because NU almost always has the best class in the West, it makes NU a very easy gig, or it should be an easy gig.

Honestly, the most annoying part about the Husker job is the fanbase and the media coverage.  And those are both positives and negatives. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Because NU almost always has the best class in the West, it makes NU a very easy gig, or it should be an easy gig.

Honestly, the most annoying part about the Husker job is the fanbase and the media coverage.  And those are both positives and negatives. 

Annoying maybe, but our media is SOFT. You could be coming off 3 losing seasons and be 3-6 and Sip will still be talking about how good you looked in a loss a month ago. Media should have been asking Frost hard questions after s#!t performances in year 2. 

AjarDeliciousIberianlynx-size_restricted

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Annoying maybe, but our media is SOFT. You could be coming off 3 losing seasons and be 3-6 and Sip will still be talking about how good you looked in a loss a month ago. Media should have been asking Frost hard questions after s#!t performances in year 2. 

Oh super soft!

I get it, it is the only game in town, so they need to "play the game"

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I would describe the two-year extension as "SOFT" as well.  Many, many folks applauded that extension to "prop up" the leaks in the damn that were clearly seen.  It took a lot of effort at 8-14 to get that extension done.  The administration was saying, "what problems ... we don't have a problem ... WE HAVE OUR SOLUTION!"  Sadly, it's now two years later and we have the "HOUSTON [HUSKERS], WE HAVE A PROBLEM" just starting to take wind.  Like what happened in Apollo 13, that "extension" was the lunar module that was used as a lifeboat.  However, in our case, being "SOFT" never really gave us a "lifeboat" ... it just delayed the root canal for 4-5 more years.  There is still much decay to be removed, replaced, renewed and restored.

I hope for better days ... "day by day".

25 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

And Dirk actually asks hard questions from time to time, and fans hate him because he's mean to Frost haha. 

This was my first thought after reading the above posts. Dirk tried and got a hailstorm of hate from Nebraska fans.

It's not that the media here is soft, it's that they're selling what people are buying.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Right.

$5M+ Salary

Maybe we have millionaires posting on this site in their vast free time.

But it's really funny to have average people actually not connect the dots on how life-changing earning $5M per year would be.

You nailed it; who wouldn't want to come get a minimum of like $25M guaranteed money and then be absolutely sure you wouldn't have to work another day in your life if the experiment fails?

Funny stuff.

• Thanks 1

Hey dudes. I got the perfect guy. I am sure you will all be thrilled with him, and I think he will be available too. He is the epitome of what I hear we all want. A "run the ball guy," "who understands the BIG," and can beat Purdue, Illinois, or Northwestern, some of the time at least! 

Brian Ferentz!!! Should be a shoe in since ya'll think Iowa is so great. 

• Haha 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic