Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

I'm not saying it has to be a current HC, but someone with multiple years of HC experience.  Hell I keep mentioning a name of a current OC, but he has a bunch of HC experience.

If they aint been in a rodeo, gtfo of here.  I agree with you on that.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Many of the same problems from Riley's tenure have plagued Frost throughout his tenure. Hiring assistants he's familiar with, instead of branching out and looking for the absolute best guys available. The top coaches in the game aren't hesitant to fix broken pieces.

I figured you were going to say had to play his recruits. Riley didn’t even hire his last assistant at Nebraska, SE did, and look at how that worked out. He hired an OC from the NFL, which pissed Coughlin off - “we didn’t hire someone to be here for just a year.” Riley was a seasoned push over, at least Frost has admitted to his early mistakes and already let some of his staff go. 

38 minutes ago, admo said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Texas fired a winning coach.  They hired a hot commodity in Sarkisian.

Great hire by everyone who knows college football.

They 4-4 with him. 

Maybe he just needs time to get some texas recruits?  Maybe it's the culture.  Maybe they could end with a losing record? Maybe it's just so easy to to pull a hot coach prospect from somewhere, and instantly things are better??!!

Maybe there is no stability in a Texas Longhorns program?

(Or Miami Hurricanes, or FSU, or USC, or Tennessee, or Nebraska?)

<_<

I think all the schools that you listed are chasing the same thing and are in the same boat for lack of patience, impatience boosters, lots of reasons.

• Plus1 1

Nebraska has fired coaches that had 9 win seasons. NU is 1-5 in big 10 play this year. History aside… we are worse than Indiana Illinois, northwestern, oh that’s right, we are bottom of the big 10 west, in 2010 we were told that we would be regularly competing for big 10 titles…. Who  really wants to come here is the question 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The guy who left on his own to join a defensive staff coordinated by a former colleague at Army???

Yeah, Frost has still only let Walters go

Are you kidding?I’m pro Frost obviously, but if he goes he goes - it better be a damn good hire. I’m not about to pretend the change up hasn’t been an upgrade ever since and if Frost wanted him then there would have been an aggressive attempt. Man, you’ve had way more pragmatic takes than this one.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Are you kidding?I’m pro Frost obviously, but if he goes he goes - it better be a damn good hire. I’m not about to pretend the change up hasn’t been an upgrade ever since and if Frost wanted him then there would have been an aggressive attempt. Man, you’ve had way more pragmatic takes than this one.

One guy who was always looking for another gig and really wasn't jumping over the moon to come here is the only change Scott has made.  And that "upgrade" has really belted out solid results.  

12 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I have to disagree. Nebraska has positioned itself to be a step up until they stop playing the game all together. Hiring bad coaches doesn't equate to Nebraska being at the level of ISU. Nebraska is in the easier division in the premier conference, has top notch revenue and soon to be facilities, access to top 25 talent, a major brand, and an incredibly loyal fan base. None of which ISU has except for facilities. It's actually embarrassing to see what Scott isn't doing with this kind of set up. We do need a guy though who treats Nebraska like an ISU while knowing he has plenty more to work with. That's how we will succeed. 

Agree 100%

3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Bill O'Brien is his top pick who he said would bring some stability to the program followed by Matt Campbell and Luke Fickell.  Stability?  I think O'Brien would be a straight flight risk.  

"With a new AD in place at Nebraska there is almost zero doubt that Frost will be gone at or before the season's end."

interesting hot take that I think is incorrect 

• Thanks 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic