Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You don't make a statement like this if you are 100% keeping the guy.

Yeah they would have said he was getting another year if they were gonna just give him one no matter what. I think the admin knows 3-9 with a blowout to say OSU, you are gonna lose a sellout streak, and be in a rough spot for fundraising the new facility/stadium upgrades. Frost needs W's.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Who else (including Kiffin) is from the Saban coaching tree that might be a target?    It seems several are doing very well right now.  

I know I said this in another thread, but Billy Napier has worked under Saban 2 times as well as other head coaches and is doing pretty good right now at Louisiana.  He, along with Kalen Deboer and Jamey Chaldwell would be the 3 names in the college world looking to make a move up to a larger-type program.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah they would have said he was getting another year if they were gonna just give him one no matter what. I think the admin knows 3-9 with a blowout to say OSU, you are gonna lose a sellout streak, and be in a rough spot for fundraising the new facility/stadium upgrades. Frost needs W's.

Even 4-8 is not good as it would mean we only beat two Power 5 teams the entire season.  He really needs to win the final 3 in my opinion to finish .500 and get to a bowl.  It seems some fans keep lowering their expectations after each loss trying to justify why to retain Frost.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

Maybe we need a new HC for this one important reason(among other reasons for sure) - recruiting.  

https://huskerextra.com/commentary/sipple/steven-m-sipple-frosts-telling-comment-doc-tempers-mcgowens-hype-and-raiolas-big-offer/article_eb6a9746-7134-5526-8ae8-f98c674666d6.html#tracking-source=in-article-popular

Put yourself in all-time Husker football great Dominic Raiola's shoes. He watches his alma mater's struggles from afar, discouraged in part because he badly wants NU to be a major player in the recruiting race for his son, Dylan Raiola, considered one of the best quarterbacks in the 2024 recruiting cycle. 

The Raiola family spent the weekend in Columbus, Ohio, where Dylan picked up a scholarship offer from Ohio State. USC and Alabama offered last week. Georgia is a major factor in the race, as is Texas. Big quarterback schools. You get the idea. If you're a Husker fan, you might get a sinking feeling. 

17 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I know I said this in another thread, but Billy Napier has worked under Saban 2 times as well as other head coaches and is doing pretty good right now at Louisiana.  He, along with Kalen Deboer and Jamey Chaldwell would be the 3 names in the college world looking to make a move up to a larger-type program.  

I'm not sure what the cause is for the comment being laughed at. I'm not familiar with Deboer but I do find Napier particularly appealing. We're just presenting ideas and ultimately is in the hands of Trev Alberts. Scott's probably going to be retained for an additional year.  In the end, if he decides a change is necessary, Chaldwell and Napier seem to be pretty solid considerations to me. That's if, not unlike so many other potential candidates, they'd be interested. Hopefully we'll get excited with games won instead of having to make head coaching changes. 

• Plus1 2

If O'Brien ends up in Lincoln, I'm done. I know, I know, nobody cares, good riddance. I just know that I'm not alone in that.

Just because he won some games at Penn State doesn't mean he could do the same in Lincoln. He was drummed out of the NFL for good reason, and we don't need another failed NFL guy pushing Nebraska even further into mediocrity. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'm not sure what the cause is for the comment being laughed at. I'm not familiar with Deboer but I do find Napier particularly appealing. We're just presenting ideas and ultimately is in the hands of Trev Alberts. Scott's probably going to be retained for an additional year.  In the end, if he decides a change is necessary, Chaldwell and Napier seem to be pretty solid considerations to me. That's if, not unlike so many other potential candidates, they'd be interested. Hopefully we'll get excited with games won instead of having to make head coaching changes. 

Somebody is happy with adding smiley faces to most recent posts in this thread. :) I have noticed a few Frost defenders eerily quiet this week and not posting much but potentially voting on posts. 

Here is some background on DeBoer.  The guy went 67-3 in 5 seasons at Sioux Falls (49-1 in conference) and is doing well in his 2nd year at Fresno State.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalen_DeBoer

3 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If O'Brien ends up in Lincoln, I'm done. I know, I know, nobody cares, good riddance. I just know that I'm not alone in that.

Just because he won some games at Penn State doesn't mean he could do the same in Lincoln. He was drummed out of the NFL for good reason, and we don't need another failed NFL guy pushing Nebraska even further into mediocrity. 

But, but, Saban and Carrol, and look Meyer sucks in the NFL too... 

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

But, but, Saban and Carrol, and look Meyer sucks in the NFL too... 

Urban Meyer has already won 2 national championships. O'Brien doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Urban. Saban and Petey ended up in recruiting hotbeds; they're surrounded by 4 and 5 star talent. We have to scratch and claw all over the country to get a couple dozen to commit - totally different circumstances. 

Edit: Wait...maybe you're being facetious?

9 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

O'Brien would be better than a military academy coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic