Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

24 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Matt Davidson is that you?:B)

This is the reason  I think if we get blown out by OSU, we should pull the plug early and tell the world we are ready for success and want the top coach that is the right fit for 

Nebraska and throw the $$s at them to get them here.  

As the quote posted before said:  "What has to be done eventually, must be done immediately."

You can throw all the $$$ at the wall doesn't mean it will stick. If Alberts doesn't have someone locked in, I don't see how firing Frost is the answer. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is no way Davison sticks around after Frost is fired.  He's getting paid a nice salary to be Frost's best friend.  I'm sure Trev has gone to Davison at times and pulled the old Office Space quote "What is it that you actually do here?"

Matt did the smartest thing you can do...he became good friends with a guy who hit the job lotto.  Sadly for Matt, Frost has not held up his end.  You know Matt figured he would have his easy gig for the next 20 years.

Will preface by saying this is my first post here (prototypical first time, long time), but wanted to put a thought out to see what others think. 

I’ve supported the many good reasons for pulling the plug and getting a fresh regime in here. I’ve also (as painful as it is to admit) seen valid reasons for wanting to keep HCSF despite the consensus acceptance of underperformance. Again, valid opinions, maybe not “good” reasons. 

While I know many coaches at this level have monstrous egos, I wonder… would some coaches have “pause” in replacing a Husker great at a time when the program is so low and yet still seems to have a divided stance on the future of the program? 

My inclination says no, but wanted to hear other thoughts on this as it’s been on my mind for some time. And for what it’s worth, I think it’s time to cut bait and start over. 

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Whom is this great coach getting the rugged pulled on them??????   Frost?????  GTFO.  

Listen dude, I will repeat what I said

If you pull the rug out/fire frost

Do you want anyone to come in?  Or do you want a great coach to come in?  It's an easy question homes.  I will stay the f#&% here and wait for your a$$ to respond.

2 minutes ago, admo said:

Listen dude, I will repeat what I said

If you pull the rug out/fire frost

Do you want anyone to come in?  Or do you want a great coach to come in?  It's an easy question homes.  I will stay the f#&% here and wait for your a$$ to respond.

But your definition of a "great" coach is Frost????  Because you probably could have "anyone" come in and match his win totals.

And for the record, I've named my guys multiple times here.  

Also for the record, I'd "roll the carpet out" for any coach that comes here.  I wouldn't want them falling and hurting themselves by "pulling the rug out" on them

9 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

But your definition of a "great" coach is Frost????  Because you probably could have "anyone" come in and match his win totals.

And for the record, I've named my guys multiple times here.  

Also for the record, I'd "roll the carpet out" for any coach that comes here.  I wouldn't want them falling and hurting themselves by "pulling the rug out" on them

I've never said Frost is great coach.  I said replace frost with a great coach, or just anyone.  I truly think you misunderstood.  I don't think I worded it wrong, but could have.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker1994 said:

Will preface by saying this is my first post here (prototypical first time, long time), but wanted to put a thought out to see what others think. 

I’ve supported the many good reasons for pulling the plug and getting a fresh regime in here. I’ve also (as painful as it is to admit) seen valid reasons for wanting to keep HCSF despite the consensus acceptance of underperformance. Again, valid opinions, maybe not “good” reasons. 

While I know many coaches at this level have monstrous egos, I wonder… would some coaches have “pause” in replacing a Husker great at a time when the program is so low and yet still seems to have a divided stance on the future of the program? 

My inclination says no, but wanted to hear other thoughts on this as it’s been on my mind for some time. And for what it’s worth, I think it’s time to cut bait and start over. 

When it comes down to it failure is failure and a new guy will look more at the opportunity and not who he is replacing. It is easier replacing a popular failure than a popular legend. Image an outsider replacing Tom Osborne. That would be hard 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

When it comes down to it failure is failures and a new guy will look more at the opportunity and not who he is replacing. It is easier replacing a popular failure than a popular legend. Image an outsider replacing Tom Osborne. That would be hard 

I agree.  I think we also need to ask ourselves if Jim Harbaugh had 4 straight losing seasons at Michigan, his alma mater, would they keep him around for a 5th season?  I think we all know the answer to that question.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic