Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

24 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Nice article on Billy Napier. Maybe if things don't work out for Scott Frost, he could bring along his QB Levi Lewis for a year!

https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

Reading this story I am more convinced that we need a coach from Saban’s tree to implement that Alabama way program here. So much different than what we have experienced 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree.  I think we also need to ask ourselves if Jim Harbaugh had 4 straight losing seasons at Michigan, his alma mater, would they keep him around for a 5th season?  I think we all know the answer to that question.

Completely agree. Thought was more “Hmm I wonder” than a vote of confidence for HCSF. 

I, like most everyone else here, are so frustrated with the product on the field that it’s more fun to try and guess what is going through the minds of millionaires than ride the rollercoaster that is Husker football. 

1 minute ago, Husker1994 said:

Completely agree. Thought was more “Hmm I wonder” than a vote of confidence for HCSF. 

I, like most everyone else here, are so frustrated with the product on the field that it’s more fun to try and guess what is going through the minds of millionaires than ride the rollercoaster that is Husker football. 

Speaking of minds, I wonder what is going through Trev’s mind and what kind of coach he would think about if he is thinking change??

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Huskerbent said:

Surprised Mike Gundy hasn’t been mentioned more.  Some baggage, not likely a favorite personality wise, but definitely a proven winner.  Known to be looking for an out at Oklahoma st for years.  Wouldn’t be the top of my list but would probably get us bowl eligible and then some immediately 

Interesting. Gundy bros unite.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, lo country said:

Jamey Chadwell

Tom Herman

If he cleaned the offensive staff:

Bill Busch (ST) (Assist with DB's)

Ed Warriner (OL)

Ron Brown (RB)

Sean Beckton (TE)

Willy Korn (OC/QB)

OR

Tom Herman (OC/QB)

OR

Jamey Chadwell

I'll add Urbs will be free shortly....

tom herman coulda delt with all the drama at texas a bit better, but it seems everyone has trouble there.  he did a better job than anyone else since 2009.  

would think getting herman before he get's snatched up by someone else would be the thing to do.  only reason he doesn't have a head gig is the belated nature of his firing. he'll have one next year.

obviously other candidates, but i think herman is the best realistic option.

4 minutes ago, White Flash said:

tom herman coulda delt with all the drama at texas a bit better, but it seems everyone has trouble there.  he did a better job than anyone else since 2009.  

would think getting herman before he get's snatched up by someone else would be the thing to do.  only reason he doesn't have a head gig is the belated nature of his firing. he'll have one next year.

obviously other candidates, but i think herman is the best realistic option.

While Herman would not be my first of the more realistic choices, he did inherit a program that was 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7 the three years before he arrived, and he finished 32-18 in 4 years at Texas AND won a bowl game all 4 years.  He would definitely be a step up from what we have.

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic