Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

Mike Leach is the worst human ever and if Scott's USF offense is ineffective in the Big10, Leach's would be even worse.  It won't beat the fing meat grinder that is Big10 defense. I used to think all of the hullabaloo over Big12 vs Big10 was just that... But man, this damn conference sucks. It is so damn physical.. So many opportunities for slip ups and they will make you pay.  It's crazy here. If you have a gimmick offense, it will get tripped up here and there. If you chose to go ground and pound, eventually it will be bested by something more creative. The only way to win here is to recruit 4-5 stars consistently and just out talent everybody else.. So.. We need to get a great coach that had enough name capitol to bring in the A listers.  #Sabanorbust!  Otherwise.. Scott is going to be good.. But it's 5 years out still.  I hope he can eek out enough to get that time.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic
15 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Mike Leach is the worst human ever and if Scott's USF offense is ineffective in the Big10, Leach's would be even worse.  It won't beat the fing meat grinder that is Big10 defense. I used to think all of the hullabaloo over Big12 vs Big10 was just that... But man, this damn conference sucks. It is so damn physical.. So many opportunities for slip ups and they will make you pay.  It's crazy here. If you have a gimmick offense, it will get tripped up here and there. If you chose to go ground and pound, eventually it will be bested by something more creative. The only way to win here is to recruit 4-5 stars consistently and just out talent everybody else.. So.. We need to get a great coach that had enough name capitol to bring in the A listers.  #Sabanorbust!  Otherwise.. Scott is going to be good.. But it's 5 years out still.  I hope he can eek out enough to get that time.

Somewhere there is a bridge missing it’s resident troll…

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Somewhere there is a bridge missing it’s resident troll…

Not trolling at all. Just think Leach fits Nebraska culture almost worse than Riley, and his offense fits here worse than that. Frustrated that Purdue and Illinois win today and leave me unable to even decide if the conference is just so even that I can't even be mad at Frost or that this conference is just so even that I think he is the worst. For the first time in 15 years, I don't see an easy way out any way we turn.  

46 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Serious question, is this the most torn Husker nation has been about a coach? Seems like we have a solid 50/50 split. 

It is because it's Frost.  That's it.  There is no data point that you can show where Frost is actually improving.  He was brought in to win.  nothin more and nothing less.  And now we are staring down the very real possibility of a 3-9 season.... Again, take a Frost's name and "that guy" has already been fired.  He'd have to go undefeated next year to just get to .500..... Riley was canned after a 9-4 season.  And going bowling twice...  He was a dead man walking 2.5 years in.....nobody wanted to keep him.  It's the fear that "if not Frost then who" or "we are this close".  However that is actually measured.  

If they already know what they plan to do then just announce it.  Rip off the band-aid.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, lo country said:

If they already know what they plan to do then just announce it.  Rip off the band-aid.

I would wait for the end of the season.  Unless the players vocally want him gone.  Then yes, rip the band-aid immediately after the season.  Don't drag this thing out another year with recruiting in the s#!tter.

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Serious question, is this the most torn Husker nation has been about a coach? Seems like we have a solid 50/50 split. 

Which is kind of hilarious.   I first noticed this weirdness back in 2018 when we started 0-6 and people were arguing, with flat sincerity, that Frost was doing better than Dan Mullen at Florida, who was 5-1 and had wins over #23 Mississippi State and #5 LSU.

It's gotten weirder.  It's way weirder now because these same people are desperate.